Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How far along do you think she is?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by AmberBamby26, Oct 6, 2019.

1. AmberBamby26

AmberBamby26 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have a pregnant cat. This is my first time. I have no idea when she got out as she’s a stay at home cat. Her baby’s are now moving inside her and she’s sleeping a lot?

Attached Files:

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

People not expecting their cat to be pregnant don't usually notice kittens moving until 2-3 weeks left.

Read about kittening: https://icatcare.org/advice/my-cat-having-kittens

Make sure you know your vet's out of hours arrangements.

And make absolutely sure she doesn't get out again until she is spayed. She may well get pregnant again, she might have her kittens outside, she might have an accident and leave you with tiny kittens to try to hand-feed.

chillminx likes this.
  3. AmberBamby26

AmberBamby26 PetForums Newbie

Thank you. I don’t let her out, she’s always asleep on me and follows me everywhere. I also have the vets number saved. She won’t be allowed out now until I can get her spayed.

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Either you have an entire male cat in the house or she has been out. Cat's don't do parthenogenesis. If you have an entire male he needs castrating ASAP.

lorilu, Rufus15 and spotty cats like this.
  5. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

She must be a young kitten to have not been spayed yet?

It’s quite concerning this is a miracle pregnancy as it’ll make it difficult to ensure she doesn’t get pregnant again.

You’ll need to watch her carefully as you must be there for the birth to ensure all goes well, that kittens are born successfully, all placentas accounted for.

The kittens need to stay with her for at least 12 weeks and should be vaccinated, microchipped and neutered before adoption.
    Mum can be spayed at the same time as the kittens.

OrientalSlave, lorilu and Rufus15 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice