UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darcey wanted to get my attention, I had Cooper one side of me, and Harry one the other, so she went around the back of the chair, jumped up with her paws on my shoulders and put her toy on my head :laugh:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:lol:

Both mine just forcibly climb onto my knee even when I'm sat on a desk chair and they have to bridge the gap from sofa to knee with much faff with the back legs. :p

Hugo will also put his face right in my face when I'm on the sofa. Oscar is generally more polite and goes for nose nudges to the elbow. But it's a bit annoying when you have a cuppa in that hand!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
My leonberger Ozzy makes all sorts of whingy and groany noises, maybe making the odd screeching yawn noise while stretching and stomping his 2 front paws, if that fails he comes over panting like a steam train and shoves his head in my lap with his bum in the air!

My collie Harley will bound over and lick what he can, or go behind the sofa and place his paws on my shoulder and snuggle into my neck while licking! Except if there is a ball of some sort involved, then he will drop the ball within reaching distance of myself and stare at me until I play. If not he will inch the ball closer and closer to me and if that fails he will place it on my knee!:biggrin:

·
Registered
339 Posts
my jack russ gets on my knee, my rottie will jump up if my head is the wrong way puts his paw out like a hand and turns my face to him if i ignore that he jumps on my knee that i cant ignore hes a big chap

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Climbs on my lap in spite of having to share with laptop!!Oooh new one as we speak - has just nudged pile of coat hangers which clattered and then pointedly went to back door.

·
Registered
779 Posts
alfie either jumps all over me, drops his toys on my knee or sometimes comes up behind me (stealth mode) while im doing something and just sits so i fall over him and then have to fuss him! lol lil bugger :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
My chihuahuas come over and scratch me with their front paws like "Helllooooooo!!" Bella is much more forceful than that - she is staight over and on your lap. Difa is much smarter than them all and has something for everything. Like getting her water bowl if it's empty and she wants a drink, scratching a gate to get through, she has something depending on the situation.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Missy rubs herself all over you
Lilly sits and stares at you whilst growling
Zipper pushes his head under your hand and moves back and forth to force you to stroke him

·
Registered
758 Posts
Bo's a bit of a needy baby, if you're sitting or lying down she'll climb all over you and start licking your face or whatever she can reach :eek: she does this a lot, although she's learnt to relax it a little when it's bedtime.

She loves attention and has been known to push herself in-between people to get noticed :rolleyes:

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
Oscar has two methods of getting my attention.

His most practiced and perfected one is; if I'm sat there minding my own business he'll amble over to me and start to nibble at my thigh with the front of his teeth as if he were chewing on himself.

This never fails. Nip, nip, nip, nip!

It will then descend into a free for all on the floor before he finally slams his bulk down on top of me and then stare into my face as if to ask, 'Give up?'

His second and most precarious method; If I'm standing up and minding my own business he'll suddenly charge towards me and crash straight between my legs almost completely lifting me off the floor.
I will then have to stand there, with one leg raised for balance, whilst I scruff his rear end.
Again we usually end up on the floor with him on top of me.:rolleyes:

Zara has only one method and that can be quite painful. She'll just stroll up to me whilst I'm either standing or sitting, and then hook her paw tightly round my leg or arm and pull me towards her.

Her claws often leave tell tale marks for a day or so. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
Mainly it involves jumping up into my lap and attempting to french kiss me!:rolleyes: Although if Im at my desk chair they will put their front paws againest my leg and bump their noses againest me.
Hannah discovered a pretty good way this morning when I was lying on the sofa actually. She walked around my head on the cushion and then slid down my chest.....turns out its pretty painful having a dog stand on your hair!:D

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
My older ESS comes up to me and puts her head on my lap and stares at me with her beautiful big brown eyes :001_wub:, the younger one has picked up on this and comes along and does the same so I'm pinned down by two of the most saddest looking 'starving/bored/want cuddles' Spaniels !! :rolleyes:

If they want to play, they bring up their favourite toy and tantalisingly dangle it in front of me but I'm restraining from running after them because, personally, I feel that chasing after them will undo what I want to teach them in the first place when gun dog training - if that makes sense?? :confused:

:)

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Nicky 'wooos' and paws at me. Or stares at me and does really loud exaggerated yawns. He makes me laugh. Hes such an attention seeker.:eek:

Tig trembles and whines. It can be funny but also quite annoying as he does it all the more when i give him attention!:D

·
Super Moderator
11,996 Posts
Max is subtle. He stares at me with those pupp-dog-eyes of his, tail doing overtime and whining softly. Otherwise, he'll pad softly around my computer chair and force himself under my knees, then look at me with those puppy-dog-eyes (think he's been watching too many cartoons while I'm at work :skep: )

Milly's about as subtle as a brick. :rolleyes: She just comes over and shoves her nose under my arm. If that doesn't work, or there's no gap for her to shove her nose under she stares a hole in my head and whines. That I can't ignore because she's only just started doing that when she needs to go to the toilet.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Gypsy will sit right by me wagging her tail giving me the soulful 'no-one loves me' look , and will stay there until I pay her attention , which usually isnt long cos she looks so adorable ... the second I look at her she jumps right up onto my knee and settles in for a long hug

Toffee will wriggle his head under my arm then put his front paws on my knee and snuggle his head into my chest , at that point you have no option but to give him a cuddle , again cos he is so adorable ... he wont jump fully up , probably cos he is too big to fit comfortably on my knee

Teddy is like Gypsy in that he will sit waiting patiently wagging his tail until I look at him , then he will do what Toffee does , front paws on my knee and snuggle in for a cuddle , and yes , he is adorable too , lol

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
She's too big to ignore...if you try, she will do several things:

a) nudge you with her big noggin & wet nose. Sometimes combined with the ever popular whine & paw.
b) grab her toy and whack you with it repeatedly.
c) grab (steal) a sock or a tea towel and take it to the sofa to chew.

:D

·
Super Moderator
11,996 Posts
She's too big to ignore...if you try, she will do several things:

a) nudge you with her big noggin & wet nose. Sometimes combined with the ever popular whine & paw.
b) grab her toy and whack you with it repeatedly.
c) grab (steal) a sock or a tea towel and take it to the sofa to chew.

:D
There's no ignoring her then, huh? :eek: :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.