UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
My three all go totally bonkers , I wish they would just bark once or twice and thats it but nooooo , it has to go on and on until I get to the front door itself , then they all go quiet

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Rufus goes nuts!!! He has a really ferocious sounding bark and launches himself at the door. If the visitor isn't someone who knows him, they always take a step back towards the gate when they hear me opening the door incase this crazy dog comes and savages them. He's not aggressive though and will let people in when I invite them in, no problems, and he's happy to have visitors. He's very much a guard dog whether we like it or not, but is a big softy inside :)

This is his 1st Halloween as a big boy (he was only a little pup last year). I imagine I wont have to open the door to anyone. He'll just launch himself at the door like some rabid snarling warewolf and the kids will run off screaming :D

(He's actually just spotted some up the street and is already going nuts! :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Oscar will bark a few times and run to the door Sam won't bark but will follow Oscar to the door. Hopefully we won't have any trick or treaters tonight though cause the weather is awful :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Alice couldn't care less but Dibley will bark if he can be bothered to. He has been a tad lazy today because he hates rain so he has been sulking about not wanting to go out for a decent walk because its been raining most of the day. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cooper will go absolutely crazy barking - for a young pup he's got a really deep bark!!

We've put a sign on the door saying no trick or treaters cos I can't be doing with him woofing all night!

·
Registered
23,250 Posts
Probably have abit of a bark but not go really mental. My house opens onto the street so they are used to people walking past and standing outside.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
My 2 go nutso.. grizz has the scariest bark and zelda will charge at the front door, i have a stair gate between the lounge and the hall but as soon as i go out they squeeze past me so have to move quickly as they grizz would go and kiss the kids and zelda would jump at them trying to steal their masks.. hats... sweets... lol.

Be glad when its done with tbh.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Rio will bark LOUD :rolleyes:

We've only had one group so far and I'm already dreading the rest. I love trick or treaters but I've no sweets this year so just have to sit through the constant knocking and woofing.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Three mad barkers here :rolleyes: I'm being a meany and not even getting up (to be honest I'm in agony after injections in my back so I'm trying to lie still) we've had three knocks so far but it's just started raining heavily so I'm hoping there won't be many more. One of the downfalls of living in a terraced house, it's the easiest street to walk up and down knocking :rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tia looks alert when anyone knocks at the door but no barking...same when post man comes
Makes a change, our last bridgebaby used to bark , and the bridgebaby before that used to bark and also 'kill' the post lol ( she hated the postman too and would get all riled up when she spotted them in the street )

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Kilo sounds as if he will eat whoever is there if they dare step foot over the threshold if he is allowed to. I have the kitchen door shut tonight and baby gate at the dining room entrance so he's confined to the lounge and dining room. That way he barks a few times then settles down.

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
If I am expecting someone, they do not bark. Obviously if someone comes to the door unexpected I act differently (I do not like answering the door [or fone for that matter] if I don't know who it is), then they will bark quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
It depends what they're doing at the time.

If they're asleep or the knocking is unexpected (i.e. they haven't heard anyone coming) then the younger two will have a few really good barks. On very rare occasions the eldest might join in.

We have steps up to our door so it's quite rare for someone to come and knock on the door without the dogs hearing them coming first. They're having no problem with the kids out and about tonight as they're shrieking on their way down the road :rolleyes:

It depends on how we react as well, if we're surprised they're more likely to bark.

We've only had one lot knock and only the whippet had a couple of barks, he has a very good bark for such an insubstantial looking dog!!

From the sound of it though some of our neighbours' dogs aren't taking the trick or treating quite so well. There's a constant chorus of distant barking at the moment.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.