Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do you think our girls are doing?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ClaireLily, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

Hi all, wee update in the hope you lot can give me some idea of how you think things are going with our girls.

Bellinda (10 weeks) joined Tiffany (14 months) a couple weeks ago, Tiff has been hissing and growling but no fur flying or blood shed. Then much to Tiff's dismay we introduced Jessica on Saturday (8 weeks).
    Tiffany has now discovered the wardrobe, the drawers under the bed and the top of the kitchen cupboards :rolleyes:

We have been feeling really guilty, thinking we are pushing her out when the kittens are downstairs with us and she is napping upstairs on her own :(

She is fine with us though, we go and find her constantly to make a fuss of her we get cuddles and she purrs away when we seek her out and pamper her. I think I saw her eat beside Bell yesterday but then comes the compulsory hiss and raised paw.

Bell is intent on hammering Jess, the poor wee thing gets skelped continuously, Bell now even pins her down and skelps her :eek: The wee one doesn't make a noise just kinda lies on her back with paws in air so I don't think she is being hurt but it looks quite rough. Bell and Jess have eaten from the same bowl at the same time.
    We have been playing with them with the same toy, Bell grabs the fairy bit and Jess eats the string then Bell gets greedy and tries to get it all back from her, Jess holds tight then Bell skelps her and she lets go.

Its been a big upheaval for Tiff, losing her friend and gaining 2 new sisters in only a couple of weeks so I suppose she is doing fine. We leave Tiff and Bell together and they are fine, Bell can get away easy enough if Tiff intimidates her but we don't trust Jess to be left outside her room when we are out or in bed. I think (hope) only a couple more days though and they will be ok, I'm just worried Bell hammers her and what if Tiff joins in?

Any thoughts on how we are doing and what we can do to calm the situation greatly appreciated and I'm also going to try and post more pics, would love to have one with all 3 together but am not holding my breath

#1 ClaireLily, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

Sorry, I have no experience in this area, my two were a ready made couple (mother and son).

From reading other posts though it seems like it varies a lot depending on the cats in question, although should be easier with younger cats as they are more willing to change.

Hope everything gets better, your little one will grow and be able to stand up for herself more. But it may be she will be the lesser dominant of your little tribe anyhow.

Good luck!

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

hiya it actually sounds like the younger 2 are playing the way that siblings in a litter normally do and the older kitten is also trying to put the little one in her place

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice