Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do you project yourself on the forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shetlandlover, Feb 1, 2012.

1. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

Everyone projects themselves differently online than they do in person. I tend to find I am more social on forums than I would be face to face, I suffer from very bad stress and usually seeing people is stressful for me, even for fun.

I try to be as I am face to face online in the sense, I am honest. If I don't agree with something I am not going to lie and say I do. Though sometimes I find myself lost for words with some threads on here sometimes, face to face I am never out of words! :lol:

I am sure more than half of the forum think I am a total cow most of the time. Which I don't really mind, as long as those who do know me well don't think I am one. :blush:

My question to you is, how do you project yourself online?
    How do you think others see you online?

2. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

I am the same on here or in the real world. you only have to ask my work mates. i think i drive them mad. probably the same as i do with some of you lot :001_tongue:

fire-siamesekitty likes this.
  3. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

I hope people see me as non judgemental as I always try and find a positive in things and that makes me analyse things and not jump to conclusions.I hate confrontations in life so I would shy away from them on here
    They probably think I always go on about how mental my boy was(yawn) and how perfect he is now,and I bet they wish my grammar was better haha

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

i just try to be me:D

If people dont like me well tough:D:D:D

5. hawksport

hawksport Banned

you are....

6. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Thanks mate :D hows it going?

7. hawksport

hawksport Banned

All's good here. How's you and yours?

8. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Great at the moment, weve still got the house up for sale, busy at work. i dont get on here much at the mo, i'm usualy talkling bulls**t on twitter :D

9. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I'm probably more restrained here than in RL when things annoy me - but then it takes a lot to annoy me to the point I need to say anything :blush:

Apart from that I am just me - take me or leave me :D

10. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

Well I'll talk to anyone on here, but I wouldn't do that IRL. I tend to stay out of arguments, sorry debates :p, purely because I pop on and off here so don't want to post and run in those situations! I am very much myself though, whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know :)

11. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

I'm a people pleaser in fleshy world and would do anything for other people even if its inconvenient, never disagree with others and goo out of my way not to offend those around me, I joined Pet forums and it was like I'd unleashed a beast...lol, I am completely different on here, I speak my mind and have so much more confidence, although It would really upset me if I offended someone without realising it.

12. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

I'd like to think that I'm exactly the same in real life as I am on the forum. Certainly any of my friends will tell you that I will argue til the cows come if I believe I am right - but they will also tell you that I never dismiss anyone's opinion (but I will try to change your mind about your opinion!) and am the first to apologise if I find out I am wrong. That's how I hope I come across here.

13. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I am myself on here as much as is possible in this kind of environment....but a more social, chatty, open version; I will come on here for chats and company, but often avoid people in the real world.

14. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm quite quiet & shy in RL, unless I'm with a group I feel comfortable with, I'm just as opinionated as I am online though

15. porps

porps Swollen Member

i'm actually quite quiet IRL, and rarely offer up any information about myself unless specifically asked- i can be quite evasive. Usually i sit quietly listening to everyone else talking and just chip in with the odd sarcy comment.

16. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

The way I am on here is the way I am in Real Life, I have always been like it, I don't expect everyone to like me and don't really care if they don't :D I won't ever change just because I am on a pet forum, if you don't like me then don't reply or just block me. I like to be open and truthful, jokey and like to have fun, have had so much crap in my life with ex husband's and have become a stronger woman from it, I can also be serious and try to give good advice if I can. No one know's me so no one can truthfully judge me. I have had members think I am TOO much, but then after getting to know me a bit more on here they see something different and have apologised for their thought's. I left for a while but missed the old place, alot of good members have left and not come back which is a damn shame, but alot of newbies coming along who are just as nice...................so keep em coming you newbies ;):D

17. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I wouldn't say or do anything on here than I wouldn't do/say in real life..

In fact Im probably more outspoken in real life..

I hope that i get on with most and that any issues can usua;ly be resolved..

That is unless you accuse me of being a pet abuser and question my parenting skills!

18. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

I'd like to think I am the same as I am in real life.

I like to have a laugh, be honest, give opinions, be caring.

What I would say is that I can be shy initially when I meet new people, and am only my real crazy self with people I know well. However, I think this initial shyness is removed on the Internet.

19. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

Not something I`ve ever thought about. I think when you get to Crumbly or thereabouts you stop giving a t*ss about yer image. :p

20. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I prefer here to RL I think. Because I chatter a lot, RL people think that I am shallow, a bit stupid and gossipy but don't take the time to realise that THEY are telling ME stuff, not the other way round!! :rolleyes: On here, however, folks realise that I love a good laugh and banter but have no problem being serious & sympathetic when it is required. I don't do 'gossip' as such and the few who had spoken to me in confidence know that 'in confidence' is where stuff stays.

I am outgoing both here & in RL but, in RL, I do worry that people are being nice to my face but actually don't like me. This is due to my mother always saying to me, as I was growing up, that people she knew (her friends) were saying bad things about me and they couldn't all be wrong. :eek: I think folks then sense this and, as a result, they don't like me!!! :rolleyes: :nonod:

So, if it's alright with you lot, I'll spend more of my time hanging out here please..... :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice