Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do you play with your dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

At home:
    I am on the floor on all fours ... even when playing fetch, Bella find sit much more fun when I at her level.

I also play hide and seek with her (either I hide or hide her toys)

I also chase her around, claps hands, stamp feet etc...sends her into crazy run.

She also likes when I move my hand under the bedsheets and she has to guess where it is!

Bella loves lying on her back and wiggling about...this is even more fun if she has my hand/ to push back on with her feet and move across the floor on her back - my dog is a bit special:)

On walks I have a toy I throw for her, or we do the usual chasing her around, hiding behind trees etc.

I must spend a good 3 hours a day playing with her - we both love it:)(

How about you and your dog/ dogs??

2. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

I play with him more than walk him, since he can run loose in our back garden.
    He LOVES football, I kick a ball about and he chases it and jumps on it.
    He enjoys playing with agility equipment (very low jumps and stuff ofc)
    He likes picking up an object in his mouth and I chase him to get the object
    He likes tug toys
    Hide and seek is also popular
    :D

3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Ball throwing is chesters thing..and tug

Mavis well..she loves a Tickle i so must get it on video ....and a toy fight

4. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

I think we probably play fetch the most, she just brings me toys and I throw them for her for a pretty large portion of most days :p
    When I go on the floor with her she knows it's wrestling time haha, we also play bow to each other (I know I'm making myself sound so silly here but nevermind!) and I make my hands "run" around and she chases them. She likes rolling around on her back and being tickled too :D

5. Janey D

Janey D PetForums Member

Tug every time - typical terrier, he never gets bored of it. When we rescued him he didnt have a clue what a ball was and it took a while but now he will play fetch and throw in the garden for ages. Good way to tire him out.

He likes a bit of hide and seek too. Out walking he has no interest in toys. Following all the various sniffs, mousing and digging is enough entertainment for him.

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Out on a walk Zipper plays fetch with his tennis ball and me :)
    If there are 2 of us walking then we play with the dogs by hiding and calling them between us rewarding with treats.

Indoors I get down to their level :)
    Lilly likes to rag a soft toy or pounce on my hands
    Zipper likes to play tug, rag a toy or play fetch
    Missy likes to play by rolling and pushing herself against us and mouthing our hands as we 'rough' her about.

They don't play a lot, Zipper plays the most 1/2 his walks are fetch and indoors he likes to play a 2 or 3 times a day for 10 minutes at a time but the girls only play once a day or even every other day for 5/10 minutes.

#6 Fleur, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  7. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

depending on weather...

agility/fetch/dancing in the garden/bubble gun or playing on the dogs climbing frame (yes the dogs have their own little tykes climbing frame)

bad weather we play brain games in the house so hiding things, brain toys, hiding treats in scrunched up paper in boxes, tug toys and so on

8. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

we play fight in this house, so we full on wrestle i pin them down, bite them and throw them about (as they do to each other) they are also allowed to do the same back, but it's blooming knackering!

9. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

The image of you biting your dogs just made me crack up :D
    It is knackering isn't it, Tia likes being pushed around, she runs at me expecting me to push her away and then keeps running back for more!

10. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Oscar and I used to do a lot of bear wrestling together but because we now have to deter him from rearing up on his hind legs thus having all his 70 plus kilos supported by his hip replacement I have to approach him stooped over.

He's actually more than happy to have me in such a disadvantageous position because now when he charges me he can take me to the floor with even greater ease.

He thinks his opponent is just inferior and feeble but if he ever grows a brain I shall make sure he knows I had to play a rigged game for him.:sneaky2:

Those were the days.(approx 18months)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Zara isn't so much interested in the rough and tumble antics anymore and is more than happy to be chased.

Just not by the much bigger Oscar. :rolleyes:

11. Ruffers

Ruffers PetForums Senior

We get all his cuddly toys out and make them walk around and talk to Rufflea (with funny voices!) :eek:

We do play hide and seek when we're out and I hide treats around the house so he can use his Bassety nose too...!

12. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

We have a game Spen made up where I'll be sitting down and he'll come and push me over then lie on me. Then he'll let me up and I have to "push" him over and pin him. It's all very gentle and civilised and I have no idea what it's all about but he loves it. He's sort of floppy and wiggly all at the same time lol.

Spencer adapts his play depending on who he's playing with though. He won't play the push over and pin game with hubby and he won't play tug with him, those are his games for with me. He'll play fetch with me if hubby isn't there and if hubby is he'll very graciously let me have a throw of the ball now and then but he clearly prefers hubby to throw it. He won't play fight with me beyond a bit of very gentle mouthing while on his back yet with hubby he gets really into it.

13. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

we play all kinds, tug toys, retrieving toys by there name, but she loves a good play fight!

Posted from Petforums.co.uk App for Android

14. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Playing hide and seek with mine wouldn't work - they'd refuse to get off the setee to come and look for me!

Playing usually involves toys (tuggy, fetch etc) as mouthing isn't allowed. :)

15. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I play tug, fetch and find the toy with Bizkit and Pippi which they love. I never wrestle with my dogs, but we do sometimes have a sing & dance :D

Sadly Shannow doesn't know how to play & she shuts down if I try to get her involved :( So we just have cuddles on the sofa while I throw or tug the toy for the other two and she gets food treats while they play find the toy.

16. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Ooh i like this thread, Hope to pick up sme new ideas.

We play hide and seek around the house with treats, tug fetch hide and seek with us while out. Raspberrys on tummys, hiding under the duvet where they have to dig and find you gosh i cant think of any more atm.

17. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Haha I'm sure we are a lovely site! I tend to bite their ears or flabby skin around the neck! :lol: tis good fun though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice