Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do you keep your cats warm in this weather?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by almost40, Nov 28, 2012.

1. almost40

almost40 PetForums Member

Well here in sunny west midlands it is bitter cold just now and I was wondering how you all keep your cats warm at night when its so cold. Our big girls sleep anywhere they want which is usually on the sofa in the lounge and the kittens are in the kitchen as it gives the girls and us plenty of sleep. They're used to sleeping there in a lovely big furry bed and often take themselves there when they're tired . But its gone so cold that I worry about them all keeping warm. Do you use extra blankets? Any help gratefully received :)

2. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Mine push my bedclothes over so they get to sleep on MY electric blanket :rolleyes:

3. nightkitten

nightkitten PetForums VIP

I have snugglesafe for my cats. You heat them up in the microwave and they stay warm for up until 8 hours. I hide mine under their blankets and they seem to love it.

4. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

Nancy sleeps under the duvet with us and Claude, well I think it would have to get a LOT colder to make him chilly :D

5. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

Wegie fur - what's the problem? :p When we lit the woodburner all three vanished upstairs to the freezing cold because they were too hot.

Vetbed is good though, as is fleece and a cardboard box.

6. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

:(

Our heating is permanently on - even when we are out working, the heating is on for them

Silly or what !!!

7. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

mine must be southern softies then as they lurrrrrrr heat. Karlo adores the radiator bed especially and their new barrel is by the radiator. Quite often all three beds are occupied. Flectabed q and sheepskin rugs are also popular. Kalle's roll in in life is to be my foodwarmer on a night as he always sleeps at the bottom of our bed.

8. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

The Blackies have a deep cardboard box each with pillows and fleecy blankets in to keep them snuggly.

Oscar has a basket with his velvety cushion beside the radiator.

Merson likes to sleep in his orange cube so I have put a blanket underneath to raise it off the cold floor and an old throw over the top to close off the open sides and make it extra cosy. He loves it!!!

Moo sleeps on top of me! Shared body heat!!! :rolleyes:

9. Mo1959

Mo1959 PetForums Senior

On a heated human knee during the day and under a duvet curled into a human stomach during the night. :)

Oh, and curled into the dog if I am not sitting down, and failing all that, on a snuggly jumper that I leave if I go out for any length of time. Pampered or what!

10. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

Ours just sleep in bed with us meaning the only ones who are cold is us!

11. ginger menace mommy

ginger menace mommy PetForums Newbie

hahah i love the one that sleeps on you! Mine sleeps diagonally in bed between my husband and i which my husband is not so keen on :mad: Lewis is weird in that he quite likes it cold. He sleeps against a wall and in the bath sometimes! Im always worried hes cold and put blanket on him but he kicks it off! strange cat!

12. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

i lovingly bought arthur a snugglesafe heat pad as i was worried about him getting chilly at nights. he won't have anything to do with it, and still sleeps at the foot of my bed in 'his' spot. if it's particularly chilly i'll generally wake up to find him snuggled under the covers with me!

13. ~Cookie~

~Cookie~ PetForums Member

Lots and lots of blankets for one cat!

In the mornings she climbs into our bed under our nice thick duvets. :)

Although i have a sneaky feeling she does not need the heat as much as we do due to her fur!!

She will also sleep with her paws on the radiator or her back pressed against it hehe.

14. Laurac

Laurac PetForums VIP

I am lucky enough to own a Justa - they come with a fur coat- one of the many advantages of the breed.

15. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

My cats are indoor so they love to get a bit of a chilly air at the balcony when the sun is shining. My biggest concern is to keep them hydrated now with the heating on.

16. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Well apart from his fur coat :D I do leave heat on low during the day and one of his beds is next to the radiator!!

17. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Underfloor heating :D

They go on the step by the front door to cool down :lol:

18. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Our Coonies lay on the floor in front of the woodburner , when they are too hot they move to the end of the room . When bedtime calls they strategically place themselves at our feet. As the night progresses they move up an inch at a time till 1 of them is between our heads, and the other is tucked up at the back of my knees :)

19. skip

skip PetForums VIP

Wobsi doesn't use a cat bed he prefers ours lol, through the day he snuggles up on the sofa with me, he likes to snuggle up on the futon upstairs too, actually I think its more like he keeps us warm when he snuggles in

20. Durhamchance

Durhamchance PetForums VIP

I'm at home all day so the heating is never off :eek:, at night she sleeps on a blanket at the side of the bed (her choice) and in the morning she comes up for a snuggle and goes under the duvet for a warm up :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice