Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do you guys deal with nightmares

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bulldog200, Apr 3, 2011.

1. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Hey guys do you have nightmares and if you do how do you cope with them ,

#1 bulldog200, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My son used to have night mares, and I would make sure he read a good book or watched something funny on the tele before he went to sleep, alot of the times it is to do with what you last saw or thought. Are you having them???

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

when my daughter has them i tend to talk about things that make her laugh and nice things like when we go on holiday or a trip to zoo etc that normal dose the trick

4. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Yeah everynight ,i wake up crying ,so dont really get that much sleep now ,last time i got told to be quite and go back to sleep ,when all i needed was a hug :(

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

You have probably gone through something worrying and it is playing on your mind, have you explained to your OH about it, if he knows just how bad you feel when you wake up from one he may be more understanding and give you the hug you deserve. They are not nice to have, I used to have them many many years ago but dont have them anymore. Have you been to see your GP about them?

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Omg another thing you have to deal with, man you have more problems then anyone deserves.

7. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

I dont have a oh ,it was my mum that told me that ,think she was sick of me waking up crying ,no i havent told my doc about them i only just got the courage to tell her a little about what happened

8. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Bad luck probably
    wait till you here about my cancer scare ,thats another discussion tho :D:D:D

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah we all have issues, but lol still try and cheer up a lil aye ;)

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

Well your mum should of given you that hug, and sorry to hear about your cancer scare, that must of been awful for you to cope with. Hope your clear of it now though. If you ever want to chat you can pm me at anytime ok, and if I am not online I will answer as soon as I am back on again. ok xxxxx

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aww geez xxx what was it i really wanna know :)

12. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

:D:D:D pf really helps me cheer up ,just trying to get some ideas to help with the smaller things so i can deal with the bigger ones ,

13. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I have nightmares all the time, they are nearly always at my dads house and mainly about my mom. I only had nightmares since i lost my mom.

14. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I take it you can't talk to your mum.. But is there no one else you can talk to about the issues you have.. Maybe a councillor.. I have been through an awful lot in my short life.. and TBO if I hadn't had a councillor or friends to talk to .. I think my head may have blown.. Sometimes we need someone to vent too.. And I think this would also help with your nightmares.. Something in your sub conscience is obviously bugging you..

Here hoping you get some deserved help.. Big hugs.. xxx

15. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Aww good to know PF cheers you up! It's a great tonic when you feel down and need a giggle! Or full on chuckle fest :D x

16. xxwelshcrazyxx

Your doing the right thing, taking one step at a time. Dont rush it take things slowly, and we are always here for you ok.xxx

That is so sad, you must of been so close to your mum, she must of been like a best friend too. I hope those nightmares start to away. xxxxxx

17. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Every cloud has a silver lining though. You must feel really positive about the fact it was just a scare. Imagine how dreadful things would be if it were anything else? I dread to think what your post would read like then.

:)

18. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Thanks hun, i think its because i still carry alot of guilt, we were inseparable for many years then drifted apart, i wasnt there in the end and i have my regrets:(

19. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

it was a few years ago now but i had a bone sist in my ankle the first op didnt look too good but when they got the results back it was clear ,but then 8 months later ,BANG it came back worse than before my ankle was like looking at a deformed foot , the surgen said cause it had come back it was 70%it was a cancer ,another big op ,this time i had a drain in and they did a bone graft too ,but yeah soo lucky test came back clear ,but doc did say i will get arthritas in the joint ,and sometimes the pain is bad , i have to wear a ankle support most days ,but other than that the only other i cant really do is run ,that does hurt too much .

20. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

soo sorry to hear this ((((((hugs))))))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice