Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do you feel about marriage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sequeena, Jul 10, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Do you want your wedding to be big or small? Do you want an elegant white dress or a simple two piece suit and a registrar? Do you want a formal sit down meal at the reception or a buffet?

Or do you just think bugger it I'm not getting married?

Myself I can't stand the thought of friends and family watching me as I say my vows. I want to go to Gretna Green, grab two randoms, get married in whatever we're wearing then bugger off the pub for some lunch.

That sounds perfect to me.

But of course everyone has an opinion and my mother has the biggest one of all :rolleyes: "All the family needs to be there and you need a reception!" Why? So people can get drunk, embarrass themselves and ruin what is meant to be MINE and SEAN'S day?

No thanks.

(I am not even thinking about getting married yet so no idea why my mother brought the subject up :p)

2. animallover111

Just a quick reply as im off to bed :(.... I want a huge wedding...church....horse and carriage.......big dress....etc etc.....best day ever i just dont want a groom!!!!!! :) :)

3. kath123

kath123 Guest

Im getting married next september and i am having a big white wedding, church and hotel reception. The day is only for 30 people which are just both families and the night about 80 people.

As it is going to be my only wedding i want the whole package, but thats just me and i can understand that it is just too much stress for some people to handle and doing it abroad or on your own is a better option for you.

But i am a traditional person. :D

4. borderer

borderer Guest

i have 4 doughter 3 married wish they all thought like you im skint:smilewinkgrin:

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I dont think i will ever get marrid :eek: :D

6. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I will never get married, men are far too much responsibility :D

1 person likes this.
  7. borderer

borderer Guest

oh dam and i was gonna get a divorce:rolleyes::smilewinkgrin:;):D

8. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

i use to want a big white wedding in a church etc..... but now i would be happy with a nice wedding dress not OTT and getting married in a castle or something (im not mega religious so church doesnt seem right ) and not too many people something like 20 to the day and maybe a bit more to the night

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Well bordie of course i would marry you!!:D But you have to get on your knee`s :001_tt2:

10. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Nice & simple would suit me & no family's. Prefer Vegas over Gretna Green though.

11. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I want an outdoor wedding, somewhere in the welsh countryside :)
    I also want a celtic wedding. My OH is half welsh, half scottish. So he's going to wearing his familys tarten :)

12. borderer

borderer Guest

ok will put me knee pads on:smilewinkgrin:

13. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

well after bein married to the female satan i was off marriage but i can see me and our florrie tying the knot soon ;):D

14. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

best get the WD40 out mate :D

15. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

OH and I have been chatting and think that if and when we do tie the know, we would prefer to go away...something small and unique. We dont see the point in paying for everyone to get totally lashed!

Everyone says they want their day to be special, but tbh, all the weddings iv been too and seen on telly, look identical!

We would rather save the money!

16. borderer

borderer Guest

ye i will never get back up:smilewinkgrin::D:D:eek:hmy:

17. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

bet ya like the tin man lol;)

18. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

I want a nice wedding kinda gothicy haha :p
    I want a victorian looking dress because i just love them, absolutly love the victorian dresses. But it will prob still be white, but ive been told i wouldnt suit a pure white dress lmao :p Not a church i wanna get married outside in summer time and im not bothered how many people are there as long as i have my dress hehe :p and then i wanna have a big party afterwards no sit down dinnner there can just be a buffet. and i also know i want a harp player annd i wanna have red and white roses... :D

19. borderer

borderer Guest

ye stiff:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::rolleyes:

20. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i used to want the big white wedding.....

i want a church, im liking champagyne colours now. i dont want a sit down reception, i want just 1 big party with a buffet to save money ;)

i would be happy with just us, but OH wants all family there as his grandads wish is to see at least 1 grandchild get married.....so we have to do our best there :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice