Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how do you apply for a stall at crufts?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Balto-x, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

hi
    just a quick question how do you get a stall at crufts and anyone know how much?
    Many Thanks in advance
    Katie xx

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

3. Babycham has supplied the organizer details! We used to do the NEC four times a year - and it ain't cheap! we used to pay between £4000 - ££6000 a stand -but did have a fair sized one! Would imagine crufts to be from perhaps around £1200 upwards. Only a guess mind!

4. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

hey babycham
    thanks for that still can not find a price guide :(, what kind of shows do you mean :) not really up on info in the dog show world xxx

5. babycham2002

Where abouts are you?
    You could look into companion and open shows near you and then championship shows too.
    Each type of show will get more expensive for a stall as you go through the list above. Right up to crufts/discover dogs which have the most expensive pitch prices.
    I don't know the price for a stand but going from the advertising at over £900 I would say it is at least a thousand. Going into the multiples as you move up the halls
    The NEC is made up of 5 halls, Hall 5 which I was showing in this year would appear to have the cheapest rents just going on the traders that were in there. I personally love the smaller traders and it is a shame they are priced out of many things including Discover dogs, I imagine the prices there are through the roof because there are no independent traders there really anymore :(
    What you find is multiple stands of the real big money makes, JWB, Royal canin and the like.

P-etiquette a member on here had a small stand at Ladies Kennel Association in December which is held at the NEC. Could be worth messaging him and asking what he paid for it. He is a lovely man.

With regards to open and companion shows it would be a matter of contacting the show secretarys in plenty of time and finding out what their requirements are in regards to insurance/price etc.

6. babycham2002

7. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Ohhh I'm too late :( it was closed 1st April thanks anyway babycham :) I'm in the west midlands btw xxx

8. And his collars and leads ain't half bad either! Top quality infact!! leather lined collars are beautiful! have two dogs here with em on as Itype!

9. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Thanks double trouble :) how did u apply when u went to crufts? Xx

10. And just to add! on top of the stand price - we have to pay extra if we have a corner stand - and the electric used to cost us £280 for a 4 day show! Which we did need for our till and lighting! Our visa machine was a mobile unit! but does need charging over the four days!

11. It was NOT crurts that we did! but I would suspect that the procedure is the same, if you call the organizer and ask for an exhibitors pack - if they are not due out yet they will send one when they are due I assume! Choose your stand (or the one you would like carefully) Ask members who have been which is the best areas to be in! Position can make or break a show!
    All the very best.
    AND!! book your hotel EARLY! We used to use the crown plaza or the hilton But there is also holiday inn on site! and some cheaper quiet close if you dont mind going off site #!

12. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

We literally would want the smallest stand possible :) any help we brill? Or is there anyother shows apart from discover dogs and crufts? Xx

13. don't write of the big game fair! (CLA) they have a massive footfall, as do many of the local county shows! Are we allowed to ask what you intend selling? if you prefer you can pm!

14. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Of course you can know :) I make natural dog soap :) where is the big game fair? Xx

15. petiquette

petiquette PetForums Member

I've tried applying for a stand at Crufts for 2 years on the trot but had no luck. The first time I missed the deadline by a day or two, but they said I could still apply, but didn't get a space.

I asked when to apply for the next year, and they said that they would send the applications out in september 2010 for Crufts 2011. September came, and I sent my application in on the first day, and was told that everybody would hear by november at the latest. Well, November came and I hadn't heard, so I emailed and asked, and was told that I hadn't been successful, as there had been too many applicants.

When I went to the LKA I spoke to the floor manager, who then told me that you actually had to apply almost immediately after Crufts finishes, but that most people just apply when at Crufts. Great if you're an established business, but for us new folk, it makes it incredibly difficult to get a pitch.

From what I remember, I opted for the smallest stand, which would have only been 1 x 1.5m, and that was going to cost me approx £700. When you then cost in petrol, accommodation and food, I decided that it was probably a good thing that I didn't get the space!

16. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Sounds just like me pettitique! How do u apply though? And what shows have you done? Thanks in advance xx

17. babycham2002

Yup Willow has one of his gorgeous creations too. :)

DT what was your business if you dont mind me asking?

18. babycham2002

Here is the list of championship dog shows that will be held this year
    Agree with DT that game fairs would be good too
    If you are in the west midlands you have the kennel club building near you, which holds many of the single breed champ shows. So that could be worth looking into

General and Group Championship Shows 2011 - The Kennel Club

19. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Thanks babycham! :D il get looking xxxx

20. emma_esplanade

emma_esplanade PetForums Junior

maybe, as a few of the others have said, it would be a good start to have stand at the country shows, fun do shows, etc etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice