Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do they manage it?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kat&molly, Mar 30, 2011.

1. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

This house is quite small, I hoover , dust and mop floors every day:cryin:
    Despite this it always looks a mess and I end up with that 'just burgled look'. It cant be just my dogs?:rolleyes:

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Yes my house always looks a mess but its not my dogs its my husband!!
    Why is it that men can get things out of the cupboard but never ever put them away; stick the newspaper on top of where they've been slicing bread so that crumbs go all over the floor; change muddy boots in the kitchen instead of the conservatory, trim hedges and then walk through the house so that there are leaves falling off their clothes everywhere, etc. etc. etc.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I have dogs and an OH so you can imagine my house :lol:

You would not think I gave the livingroom a really good tidy yesterday :( Quite honestly it is driving me mental.

I have also decided the dogs must not go up the stairs anymore. I just hoovered them (ok, so they have been needing done) and almost filled the dyson! :eek: )
    My carpets never look like they have just been hoovered, I am sure the dogs know and then they get off the couch and have a scratch, sending hair everywhere! :lol:

4. teddyboylove

teddyboylove PetForums Junior

Haha. For a minute I thought there must be a secret webcam in my house somewhere, it has been described so perfectly:D And i thought it must just be me who can't keep a house tidy!

5. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

A house shouldn't be too tidy when you have dogs or children - wouldn't be a real home if it was. All part of the pleasure I think. ;)

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Our place is a mess, not untidy just dirty! I am forever picking up after my OH, he can't cut a slice of bread without crumbs everywhere, butter smeared all over the work tops .... :rolleyes:

The dogs & cats are no better either; there is mud & hair everywhere, the cats have pulled up the edges of the carpets (despite having multiple scratch posts), there is dust everywhere .... I try to keep on top of it but don't want to spend all my free time cleaning only for it to get dirty again ..... so I don't!

I do a bit but have resigned myself to the fact that we have a mucky house! :D

7. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

Kat and Molly
    We have 5 dogs and a cat and our house also has that "just burgled" look I call the look we have Doggy Chic!!! :crazy:
    I have come to the conclusion that its better to love living things that will give love back to you. So long as your house is clean and safe untidy doesn't really matter.:)

8. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

I've got the OH as well, he's like a snail-leaves a trail behind him everywhere he goes:rolleyes: Plus the cats!
    But the dogs are never happy unless the contents of the toy box are scattered and firewood is chewed in to a thousand pieces-its a good job I love em:D

9. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

I know how you all feel - I wipe round every single day to stay on top of dog and hubby-related dirt, but theres always stuff everywhere!!

I'm sure if I cleaned 2 hours a day my house would look lovely....for about an hour :D

10. lexie2010

lexie2010 PetForums Senior

i clean brown leather sofa about twice a day and there are days we dont even get to sit on it so its all dogs fault there! i reckon MIL (who is always cleaning)thinks my house is a health hazard but dogs and husbands (i only have one of each BTW ;) ) create a lot of dirt, im always amazed at where dog hair ends up-how does it get in the cutlery drawer?????

11. missyme

missyme PetForums VIP

i have 2 dogs 2 cats 2 kids and 1 husband is my house tidy nope :D and i dont care lol i have a cream leather sofa and its never clean my animals have free roam of the house couches and beds if people who come in dont like it they dont have to come back :rolleyes::

12. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Twiggy we must be married to the same man :lol: Although Daisy does mess the place up, she is much easier to clear up after compared to my hubby!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice