Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do they do it??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Nov 18, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

People who sell puppies and then never have a care about how they are doing?

When I raised Dave and his siblings, I felt a bond with all of them, and even if I hadn't hand fed them from 2 weeks, I would still care about them now that they are nearly 4.

I regularly think about the one who's owner never kept in touch (she didn't do mobile or internet) and Pixie who landed up in rescue after my ex friend gave up on her dogs.

Today while out getting a few christmas presents we drove past the guy who has Xiva mum and brother (and I'm sorry I've never said this about a dog before... but he is Odd looking! :eek: ), and made me think about how they just seem to act as if Hector didn't have a sister. They stopped texting me back after a while, before Xiva turned one anyay.
    I went round one day and they were clearly in, I could hear the dogs barking (he takes them out with him), and would have looked out to see who it was when I left.

Even if he had lost that phone.. I emailed a load of pics to his girlfriends email address, one which was replied to asking for some up to date ones. I didn't think emailing/texting to inform them of what happened was appropriate since they seemed to stop caring.

How can you just carry on life regardless and not know how something you bred and raised is doing?

I even feel a connection to any foster dogs I have had (well, the ones I had for any lenght of time anyway), and hate thinking of not knowing how they are doing.

Is it just me being overly caring... or do some people just not care enough?

2. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

i don't think you can be over caring - i think it's lovely you care so much especially about the foster dogs, i know i would if i ever get the chance to foster!
    but yeah it is shocking how little some care.. i saw an ad for a rottie bitch for sale, £50 in the pet shop earlier.. i just wanted to go and get her, really couldn't though as tia would probably be scared and horrible to a dog that size. nobody who cared about what happened to their dog would sell them for £50, it's horrible.

3. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I've no idea how people do it either. I suppose they are just no raised to view dogs in the same way :confused:

I worry about Diz's siblings, and especially her Mum, given ll the problems she's had :(
    I've tried to get in touch with her 'breeder' a few times but as soon as I asked whether any of their other dogs had had issues with mange/Giardia (genuine question to help Diz) they stopped replying or answering the phone :(

I still remember the first litter of rescue pups I helped out with and wonder where they are, how they're doing etc. however much they drove me crazy messing up their pen :rolleyes:
    In fact, I still look out for all the rescue dogs I met, I've run into a few and it's wonderful to see them all grown up and flourishing, can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to see that :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice