Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do i trace a breeder?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Sherylina, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sherylina

Sherylina PetForums Member

I have a Siberian adult cat here who was given in to rescue by his owner who just wanted rid.

She claimed he is a retired breeding stud and is a pedigree but has lost the papers apparently.

I'm not bothered about the pedigree papers myself but would like to trace his breeder to see if they would like him back as i know some do not like their cats being rehomed without their permission.

Is there any way to trace his breeders without his papers? I do have a number but no idea if it is TICA or GCCF or what, it is CSEXP665493.

2. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

I think this number is Experimental breeding and will be GCCF registered.

Maybe you could contact the GCCF telling them the number and they may be able to help you.

The rescue centre should be able to find out where the previous owner had him as although they don't know where his pedigree papers are they must remember the breeder who they bought him from.

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

OK I have found him for you, don't want to give the info out over the internet? Am I allowed?

I have his breeder, prefix, colour patter and phone number of the breeder who no longer breeds

4. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Gotta ask, how come you have his GCCF ref no. if you don't have any 'papers'? It's not the sort of thing an owner remembers off the top of their head - or is that just me?

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I did wonder that to, maybe I shouldn't give out the info :confused: Poor cat is 7 years old :(

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I think in this case it would be okay to give the prefix - perhaps the OP could contact you via your website for any other information

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Ok thanks, if they come back Ill do the prefix and they can google it, not hard to find their number :)

8. Sherylina

The number was on his micro chip papers which the owner handed over in the "KC Registration No." box.

The owner claims to have lost the papers and is not able to remember who the breeder is. One of the first things i asked when she approached the rescue was whether she had asked the breeder if they would like him back. She was quite hazy about all of the details tbh, i think because she knew he was in a bit of a mess and was ashamed/embarrased.

If the breeder does not want him back, thats fine he can stay with us to continue his treatment (he has giardia) and for re-homing but i would just like to give them the option.

I have also been in touch with the Siberian Cat Club who have been very helpful and have asked around their breeders but no one has come forward although if they are no longer breeding then it's not surprising.

Taylorbaby thank you, could you please PM me the prefix? xx

9. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

you don't have enough posts for me to pm you :(

The prefix is nellstars if you google you shall find :) His a brown tabby age 7.

10. Sherylina

Thank you so much :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice