Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How Do I Stop My Cats Pooing In The Neighbours Gardens

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Fairydust, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Fairydust

Fairydust PetForums Newbie

HI ALL

I am new to this site. I have 4 cats/kittens - two girls and two boys. We live in a row of terraced cottages so our gardens are all linked apart from 3ft fences.

Some snide comments from the neighbours (both sides) have arose about their dogs eating our cats poo from their gardens. :blushing:

obviously want to keep in with the neighbours as it is a very small community has anyone any suggestions if there is anything we can give to or put in the neighbours gardens to discourage our cats from doing this????

2. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

you can get somethin i think its called get off my grass or somethin like that. my oh mam got it so her dogs wudnt wee on the plants but it didnt work so maybe it wud stop your cats and not deter the dogs.

check the net its always full of stuff on there

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What do you supply in your own garden for them to toilet in?

Pepper and citrus are meant to be a good deterrent.

4. Fairydust

thanx - will see what i can find and take a few bottles round to them to spray on their gardens :p

5. Fairydust

we have got lots of pots in the garden filled with soil which i have seen the younger two use also they have easy access to a litter tray all the time.

6. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

You can't really stop cats doing their business where they choose. One thing you could try is to "cat proof" your garden to keep them in yours & stop them going in your neighbours, if you wanted to. You can "do it yourself" if you're handy - attach inward facing braclets to the top of your fence & then attach mesh to the brackets - I think, lol!! You'd be able to get proper instructions on the net I'm sure!! My friend has got it in her garden & it's worked for her. Hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice