Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do I politely decline?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mum2Heidi, May 24, 2010.

1. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I have received an invite by text from someone and cant think of a kind way of declining. I dont know them well, but enough to know they are lovely people and it's a real kindness that they have thought of me. However, I wont know anyone and it's really not my sort of thing.
    So how do you say you cant make it in the nicest possible way without it sounding like a lame excuse.

Sorry but my mind has gone completely blank and I hope somebody here can help me out.

2. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Say sorry I have other arrangements for *enter day here*, but thanks for inviting me, its really nice :) Sorry again

:thumbup:

3. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Hey, can you say you are on hols? and thank them very much for there offer and maybe catch up some time in the future?

4. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

What youve said right there is good :) DONT LIE whatever u do lol u might get caught out :eek:

Just say..
    Thank you so much for the invite, it was very nice of you to think of me, unfortunatly i cant make it this occasion. hope you have a lovely time :) x

5. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

Totally agree ^^

6. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i would be honest and tell them that it`s a really lovely thought and so kind of them to think of you although you`d feel a little uncomfortable as you wouldn`t know anyone there.

is it the type of event you could suggest bringing a friend to?

7. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

Just give them a link to this thread lol :D

Or yeah just say you're already booked up :)

Waterlily likes this.
  8. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Just tell them straight. I’m not coming because I don’t really know you and you don’t really know me. :frown: Therefore, I believe you have an ulterior motive for sending an invitation to a complete stranger which is probably related to witchcraft, secret covens, devil worship and recreational substances. I don’t believe in God, so it logically follows that I don’t believe in the automatic contradiction of a supreme being. I don’t believe in secret places such as Bohemian Grove and I don’t take drugs any more other than the ones prescribed by my psychiatrist who says I’m slightly more sociable and able to accommodate my temper tantrums more appropriately since I finally came to terms with horrifically slaughtering my parents. :rolleyes:
    Just a thought and one of which I have many ;)

TobyK9 likes this.
  9. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

The more I think about it the more I think they are swingers! :D

Give them my number and I'll entertain them for you ;) :D

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Now that should work ;) :lol: :lol: And whats wrong with devil worship :confused1: :lol:

11. Zaros

As I’ve never had the opportunity to dabble in the occult I’m not really qualified to answer your question at this point.
    However, I have heard some very bad things about it although I’m certain they can’t be true.
    After all where does one acquire a Virgin in this day and age? :confused1:

12. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

:confused1: Apparently not in Australia ;) :lol: :lol:

13. Zaros

Isn’t that because Virgins were once thought to be the staple diet of the Aborigine and the reason why the Aborigine has become few by number is because the Virgin is now extinct so inevitably the Aborigine is dying out because there's nothing left for him to eat? I read that on Wikky. ;)

#13 Zaros, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  14. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

hmm interesting :thumbup: just so ya know my son is aboriginal :lol: his dad was a w*nker. ;) :D

#14 Waterlily, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  15. Zaros

Bloody 'ell cobber! You learn something new everyday. :confused: I recently watched a documentary about Australia and the de-tribalisation of the Aborigine. References were made which conveyed the impression that these unfortunate people were nothing more than a nuisance in society and, invariably, unwelcome in their own land. Probably produced by the bigots you mentioned because there was very little material to stand in their defence. I apologise for any offensive comment and shall edit the post forthwith. :blush2: I shall also break up my TV and compose a fair dinkum letter of complaint to Samsung explaining my disatisfaction and sense of moral outrage at how their product presents the viewer with deliberately misleading material! :mad:

16. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

The virgin is extinct?! I do aplogise I just got carried away lol :D :D

17. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Ya knob I edited it and you quoted it :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
    haha yeah well I may have a half blood son but I raise him as a human not a colour so no offence taken mate :thumbup: I am not sure of that doco but admit that there is a problem here because (some ) of them dont take responsibility for there actions and blame previous generations which I do not agree with.... My son was raised to not blame me been white for his issues when I didnt do anything and he was never there years ago anyway. ;) He also knows that because of the few that are drunks and violent yobbos he has to try extra hard and be aware of his manners and dress sense, hygeine etc because society here is stereotyping him :rolleyes:

18. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

"im washing my hair!".............

:lol:

19. Zaros

You mean you didn't know? :eek: You do know the Dodo has gone the same way don''t you? :lol:

Sadly the mysterious land, from where they once came, The Virgin Islands, which is now a harsh inhospitable wilderness to tourists, will eventually one day slip slowly and quietly beneath the sea. In many generations time this land will become just another fabled realm, much the same as Atlantis is fabled, and gradually, from the drunken wistful tales of men, Mermaids will abound the world yet again. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice