UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi y'all, i got my kitten when she was 5 weeks old from this ignorant breeder who refused to take her back..anyways shes 8 weeks old now and she got bigger,altho shes still very much an agressive kitten,the other day she got urine all over herself i didnt know how so quickly washed her and when she was wet thats when i realized that my kitten is nothing but bones, i guess i couldnt see it cuz shes furry, a friend suggested that i feed her cat milk..she doesnt like milk..i had to feed her by syringe..and as for food i do feed her regulary, wet food 3x a day and shes always got a bowl of dry food available whenever shes hungry. but i need some help shes too skinny!:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
hiya hun

How much wet food is she eating in a day? I know you say she is eating 3 x a day but how much roughly?

1 pouch split between 3 meals, a pouch a meal?, 1 large tin a day etc...

What food is she currently fed on?

Is she up to date on worming and flea treatments?

Does she drink water well?

How often does she use the litter tray? wees and poo's

What happened to cause her to wet herself?

how much does she weigh at the moment?

Sorry for all the questions, but its hard for people to advise you properly without the bigger picture.

that said, there are some good quality higher fat wet foods available, and some salmon or tuna oil would be benefcial too. She is getting bigger which means she is growing and is getting nutrition. It may be her build but it could be something else, which is why all the questions xxx

·
Registered
880 Posts
shes on whiskas wet food, 1 pouch a day. she urinated on the plastic bag :(
Do u think u could answer the questions above asked by billyboysmammy?? Might help. Also, i echo the post re whiskas being rubbish. I'd recommend raw feeding personally, but if not then something with a much higher meat content than just 4% like whiskas. Kitties need worming once a month when they are under six months old. Which wormer are u using? When they're so little it can take a while for them to pick up on the weight front.

·
Banned
3,404 Posts
On the 11th april you were saying she was 6 weeks old when you got her 2 weeks previous to making that post … and you said then that she would be 8 weeks old on Monday 12th April.

so I’m a bit confused… how can she only be 8 weeks old now? (assuming you must have brought her home around the 29th of march when she was about 6 weeks old?) shouldn't she be more in the region of 11 weeks old now?

Please don’t think I am just picking with her age… it really matters. A kitten weighing 600 grams at 7 weeks old might not be life threateningly sick, but a kitten of 10 weeks old weighing only 600grams is a whole other kettle of fish.

And I agree with The Twins, if you want help you have to give the detailed information requested by BB’sMammy, and that includes her age. Or at the very least exactly how long you have had her and the age she was approximately when you got her.

You need to be a lot more thorough with details if you want help.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
hiya hun

i did try typing a reply again earlier but my pc crashed.

ok

regardless of the brand of food your using (will come onto that later) your kitten is not being fed anywhere near enough for 8 weeks old.

I would prefer it if she was eating almost a whole pouch per meal, and at this age and being "skinny" as you put it she really really needs alot more food than you are currently offering her. 1 x 100g pouch a day is not enough to satisfy the nutritional needs of a growing kitten removed too young from her mum.

I echo the posts about whiskas, its meat content is shockingly low, but i do feel that the biggest emergency right now is about feeding her more.

I'm afraid i cant advise any further without more info.

x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.