Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

How do i know if i qualify?

Discussion in 'Assistance Dogs' started by sophiehannah12985, Feb 8, 2018.

1. sophiehannah12985

sophiehannah12985 PetForums Newbie

Hello all I'm hoping you're able to help me with this.

I think I could really benefit from an assistance dog, but I have no idea how to get one.

I think it would help me with my severe anxiety, as well as personality disorder and PTSD triggers. I've heard they are also helpful with absence seizures which I suffer from, that would be particularly helpful on public transport.

What do i do to try and see if I qualify? How do I do it? Where do I look? Who do I ask? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Sophie

2. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Hello Sophie.

Try http://www.assistancedogs.org.uk/ for a seizure alert dog.
    I looked for an assistance dog for my mental health and sadly the UK does not have mental health assistance dogs, you'd have to go to USA for that and I know nothing about getting a dog from USA or even if places in UK would accept an assistance dog from a different country as, I believe, mental health dogs aren't recognised here.

I wish you luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice