Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do i introduce a new 16 week old kitten to my 18week old kitten?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Apollo1, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Apollo1

Apollo1 PetForums Member

Hi there!
    ive had my 18 week old BSH boy now just over a month, ive been thinking all along i should have got 2, so ive thought it best to get one for him, ive really lucked out and found a 16 week BSH girl which im getting at the end of the week from a different breeder! how should i go about introducing them, im really nervous this could all go pear shape and cause unwanted stress for both kittens. has anyone had any problems with this or can you advise me how to approach their first meet!

Kind regards!:confused:

2. Simba9952

Simba9952 PetForums Member

Hi Apollo1,
    My parents have always had cats and kittens all my life and I have found that introducing cats of any age to each other can be quite stressful, however I think you may have an advantage here.
    With your kittens being very young and almost the same age I would say get them together sooner rather than later. Cats have a hierarchy system and so they sort that out themselves. I would suggest keeping a close eye on them for a week or so just incase. Kittens are very playful, so just watch out that it doesn't turn into more than that.
    I notice you have a female and a male, are you intending to breed them? If not you will need to be extra careful when they get close to spaying age.

I have no experience of introducing two kittens, this reply is based on my experience of my parents introducing cats and kittens of varying age's, anyway I hope this helps you in some way. Good luck :)

3. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

This is a duplicate post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice