Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how do i hatch gal eggs?

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by animalloverabh, Aug 9, 2009.

1. animalloverabh

animalloverabh PetForums Junior

how do i hach um i got them 2 days ago from my snails

2. Snails_loved

Snails_loved PetForums Junior

hey

you can either leave them in the tank to ha tch but as they are small sometimes they are hard to find
    you could carfully take them out and make sure they a damp and lightly covered with soild or moss or waht ever you use and they will hatch if they are fertile take 1-3 weeks to hatch
    make sure temp is 19- 28 Oc

when they start hatching feed them lettuce for a few weeks

zoe

3. Acrophylla

Acrophylla PetForums Member

I carefully scoop the eggs out with a spoon and place them in a closed container. I leave them in a room at normal room temperature and they hatch in 3 weeks. When they're born it's important to feed the baby snails with a mixture of vegetable peelings, such as carrot , potato and also dandelion leaves. This is because a varied diet promotes a nicely patterned shell. And they also need to gnaw at eggshells so they can get the calcium they need to help their shells stay strong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice