Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How Do I Get This Wasp To Continue Making Her Nest??

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by LapisOre, May 9, 2017.

1. LapisOre

LapisOre Invertebrate Enthusiast, Mantis Master

I am a big insect lover and so I feel that every insect deserves to live. So I found this wasp making a nest on our front porch cover area. I took her and her nest and put them in a bug jar. I glued her nest to the bug jar to make it so it stays secure because I ripped it from where I found it. I put a piece of wood in the jar from our fence because I see them chewing on the fence for the wood to make their nests. Anyways, she still seems to recognize her nest but isn't building it, but she may have been feeding her tiny larvae in the few cells she has made. Please give me any advice you can about helping her to make a nest. And btw how do you get queen carpenter ants to lay eggs and what is a good food source for the wasp, her larvae and my carpenter ant queen? Thanks! :D

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice