Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How do I get into Dog Grooming?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kayla95, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Kayla95

Kayla95 PetForums Newbie

Hello,

I've been looking everywhere to get some advice but I'm stuck, so I'm just going to see if I can get some off here!

For the past 4 years, i've been trying to get training as a Dog Groomer or find some courses, but I'm absolutely stuck, I've come to a dead end. I'm 23 and I can't afford a course, so government loans or grant companies wont help me because I dont reach the eligible criteria because I'm Employed or live with someone who earns over a certain amount of money a year etc.

I've been phoning and emailing around to see if anyone would be willing to train me up for free, volunteering etc, but I've had no luck.

I've applied for apprenticeships, but I was home schooled, and I don't have GCSE's. I have equivalents, which the learner providers and some of the companies (like Pets at Home) will not accept.

I have literally tried everything that I can think of.

I don't know if anyone has gone through something like this? Some ideas would be grateful.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice