UK Pet Forums Forum banner

How do I find them a home?

589 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kaitlynandralee 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I currently own two horse field tortoises that I’ve had about 3 years now. They were bought as a present for me and my brother but he moved out so now I own both.

As I’ve finished college and now understand them a little more I’ve realised that I don’t think I can give them the correct care they need. They have been kept in a viv and in incorrect bedding due to the pet shop misleading my family and it makes me feel terrible.

So I’ve made the decision to re home them once I’m able to afford a vet check for both first. But I’m so worried they will go to someone who’s like me and doesn’t have much knowledge on them. Any suggestions of how I can find them a perfect home? Websites, pages any places that I can advertise them that have people who understand them.

#4 ·
Please please please ONLY give them to a rescue that specializes with them. As you said, many people don’t have basic knowledge on how to care for these kinds of reptiles. Depending on where you live, search rescues and/or adoption agencies for reptiles in general OR ones for just turtles/tortoises.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.