Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how do folk with big dogs do it ...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nat28, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nat28

Nat28 PetForums Member

Just took malkie and one of his pals a walk (lab x) his pal decided to do a poo. Woah it was huge. I would have been better with a shovel and black bag lol. And she isnt the biggest dog around. Im so used to picking up malkies wee poo lol. Hats off to owners who need to pick up poo the size of horses poo numerous times a day. Saying that there is someone who must have a big dog and lets it poo on the pavement and leaves it. If i see him ill be givinnlg him a piece of my mind. If he doesnt like picking poo up, dont get a dog

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo's is small and usually once a day - an advert for raw feeding if ever there was one I reckon ;).

3. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Like dogless i feed raw- small non smelly poo's and no wind!!

4. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Craven and Flint's are small too.:D

And another raw feeder.:)

5. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

One of the major selling points for a decent diet compared with lots of crap in, lots of crap out.

6. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

I've had 2 similar sized dogs the past 5 days, one raw fed, one kibble fed. The difference in the size of poos is HUGE. Spens are small and solid, Khans are big and soft and absolutely stink.

7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Dillon's the same as Dogless and Lexiedhb dogs and he is NOT raw feed.

8. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

Kes poos 2-3 times a day, small little pellets. Raw fed. :)

9. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

My boys are only a couple of times a day and small/non smelly and they get a mixture of food.

10. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Both my boys are on kibble but they usually do 2 firm, decent sized(give the boys size they're about right i would say) poo's a day. On raw Tummels are much smaller, can't say i noticed a change in Dans.

11. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Millies are small in comparison to her size - Sometimes smelly :eek: and tends to go once a day.

She has a varied diet :rolleyes:

12. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

my medium sized dog is on kibble (plus extras)

Normal is about twice a day, average size, great consistency and really does depend on those extras (hiya egg!) for smell.

God this thread is a load of sh1t
    :D

13. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Raw fed dogs here - once a day, small, solid and odourless!

And thank goodness for that too - I don't fancy picking up after a commercially fed Newfie, Neo and Berner! Do they even make poo bags big enough for that?! :D

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont know about no wind. Mine are raw fed and Hannah let out a real rip snorter last night! Cheeky cow then looked at her bum, turned and gave me a look of disgust!!:rolleyes:
    Raw fed poops are def better...I swear some of the piles I see in the park are almost bigger then my dogs!!:eek:

15. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I walked a Labrador earlier this year, I was so glad that when she pooed it was in an unreachable place, 'cause it was huuuuuuuuge! And the smell! :crying:

16. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

My old GD used to produce a pile similar to my horse. Didn't know about raw feeding then, but changed him to Burns and the amount halved. Still big, but a whole lot better.

It really is dependant on what you feed them - Bess's are so small they are hardly worth worrying about. The times I've gone to pick one up and have had to search around to find anything! :rolleyes:

17. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

freddie and frank...twice a day and small sized, very pickupable poos.:D
    raw fed.

bella...huge smelly, three times a day,very soft poos.:(
    kibble fed.

so can't wait until i can put her on a raw diet. i'd forgotten how smelly they were on kibble.

frank did actually get in a hedge to do his poo last night and i had to go rooting through it to pick up....strange dog. he normally tries to back up into a bush but he almost disappeared into the hedge.:eek:

18. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

My 8 month old Pyrenees is only slightly bigger than my Collies, who are about the same as my lab who are about double of my sheltie...I feed kibble but one without corn or wheat or by products. I adjust the Pyr's food according to her poo's, she's still growing although slower now. If she's getting too much food her poo's are more cow paddy type so we adjust to get nice firm poo's...lol funny subject poo

19. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

I agree it depends on diet! :)

Mine is on kibble...and extras (treats like chicken or hot dogs for training)...
    Recently she's been on a bit of a diet - just cutting back her food as the vet said she was fat...:eek: And the poos are smaller and less - so she was obviously getting too much before!

But there is someone that lets their dog out around here that doesn't pick it up and it's HUGE and a reddish colour, which says to me probably a rubbish diet...:nonod:

20. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I'd put money on it being Wagg. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice