Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how can you age a kitten/cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by munchkin, Mar 31, 2011.

1. munchkin

munchkin PetForums Junior

sorry havent been on here for a while, yesterday we picked up an 10 monh?? old pure black kitten/cat, owner had moved and left her behind, dhe was collected by cats protection, and sent to local rescue centre, where we got her, tuesday she was spayed, apparantly she has had 2 litters already!!!
    we picked her up wednesday lunchtime, i just dont think she is 10 moths, very petite face, i know its hard to tell, and we'll prob never know.
    We have called her Tinkerbell :0))

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

While it is theoretically possible,I guess,for this poor little cat to have had 2 litters and be only 10 months old I would find it highly unlikely.For that to have happened she would have needed to be very young when her first was born and become pregnant again so quickly afterwards that she would surely be dead by now.I hope for this cats sake that this has not happened as it must have been a big shock to her system and taken so much out of her.I am so glad for her that she has found a safe home now and will get all the love and attention that she deserves.

3. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

It is possible, but unlikely, she could have had two littlers before 10 months old. She is probably a little older or they are mistaken about her past.

I very much doubt shes younger!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice