Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How can this happen!?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Rini, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Rini

Rini PetForums Senior

2. jopetportraits

jopetportraits PetForums VIP

What is wrong with people? Why have a pet if you're not prepared to look after it properly? Disgusting.:mad:

3. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

poor poor bunny, hes so so lucky they grew out and not into his skull

4. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

That's absolutely horrific. I noticed you were by me and wondered if he was in a local shelter and I'd have gone and got him.

Poor poor rabbit. What's wrong with people? What mentally do you have to let that happen? It's just dreadful :mad:

Em
    xx

5. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

Sadly it's too common. I had a similar case brought to the rehoming centre I work in. Gilberts teeth were long and at first I thought he had hay sticking out of his mouth as it wasn't as clean at the bunny in the above article. He had to have his teeth trimmed but sadly he died under GA when he went in for neutering :(

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Awww that is so awful. if the owners didn't want him why didn't they seek a new home before his teeth got so bad? Its so cruel to make an animal suffer like that. All i can say is I am so pleased the rabbit is now in caring hands.

7. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Awww I am really sorry about that.

8. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

:eek: :( poor little thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Rini

Rini PetForums Senior

He was probably from a hoarding home. But still.... you would think they would have SOMETHING to chew to wear them down..... I was so shocked, the back ones are even coming out >.<

I know a lot of people have problems with teeth overgrowing, I've even had the problem myself, but this is.... it cant even be classes as just "overgrown"... :(

10. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

OMG That poor bunny, glad he is in safe hands now.

11. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

God that is terrible. I know a lot of people don't know that they need their teeth cut back sometimes and their bums cleaned, but it must have been so obvious. I hope they get gum disease and can't eat because it is too painful and starve to death.

12. frags

frags PetForums VIP

oh my F*****g god!!!! Im actually shocked at how bad these are! Ive seen bad teeth but nothing to this extreme. Poor bunny!!

13. Rini

Rini PetForums Senior

I know, I'd seen nothing like this before... imagine finding this bunny >.< I would be heart broken... couldn't be a rescuer cause I would just want to beat all the horrid people who do this to their pets >:[

14. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Poor, poor little guy!! It makes me feel so sad. I posted it on facebook and asked people to think about getting a bunny this Easter as their teeth can need vet appointments and they are not ideal pets for children. I hope someone rethinks getting a bunny for their kids as a result.

15. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

poor guy must have been suffering for months! what a determined little thing. I hope he survives his ongoing treatment.

His disgusting owners have no doubt caused him far more dental problems than he would have initially had if they'd taken him to a rescue or had him treated much sooner disgusting!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice