Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how can i stop the kittens poohing on the sofa??

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by donna81, Aug 19, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

our 3 cats had kittens 5 weeks ago so we now have 10 5 week old bundles of joy running around :eek: During the night all the kittens are kept in a big crate but during the day when we are in they are allowed to run free in the living room, for the most part the kittens are great and use the litter tray or sometimes they go on the news paper which the tray sits on. yesterday though one of the little darlings decided not to bother getting off the sofa and just poohed on it :glare: i took the throw off the sofa, cleaned the leather underneath put on a clean throw and didnt think much more of it but today its happened 5 times and its starting to get a bit annoying :skep: I dont want to keep them in the crate during the day as it doesnt seem fair, any suggestions??

2. munners

munners PetForums Junior

When i had this problem a few years back with a litter of kittens going behind the tv i covered the area with olbas oil after cleaning the area and they never went back.I swear by it i also rub it on thing they have chewed and it stops then immediatley.

Hope this helps
    Nicki

3. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

All you need to do is train them. No oil needed! lol When they do it you need to pick up the mess and place it in the litter tray. Then put the kitten in the tray as well. They will see where to do it. Took our kittens one week to learn. They kept going behind out TV on the floor.

You also need to completly clean the area they did the mess as they go to loo where they smell there old mess. So disinfect and febreeze the sofa.

4. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

How many trays have you got out with 10 kittens?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice