Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How can I stop my cat for going up my neighbors steps?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gareth1984, May 27, 2010.

1. Gareth1984

Gareth1984 PetForums Newbie

I live in a ground floor flat. My cat keeps walking up the steps for a smell but has just been inside their house and was chased out. They have a baby so its understandable they don't want (in their home a strange unkown cat) who could do harm to their baby or they could be allergic to them. Any way what is best thing I could put down to stop them walking up the steps? I've seen cat repellent which stop them from marking their cent. Any ideas please before upstairs get really annoyed.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

They are supposed to hate citrus smells so that might be worth a try or failing that give your neighbour a water pistol and ask them if they wouldnt mind using it if your cat is trying to get in, it might make it unpleasant enough for your cat not to want to visit them again.

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

My next door neighbors use to hose my cat to stop him peeing..by the end of it he'd lay on the fence and wait for it :lol:

Can't recommend anything myself but good luck :thumbup:

4. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

try some of the sprays and things... but i would also suggest you buy them a water pistol to give your cat a harmless (but unpleasant - to the cat) blast of water which should deterr him from venturing up there again.

5. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

A water pistol or any clean chemical free squeezy bottle should do the trick,most cats don't like it,but at least as everyone else says they are harmless:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice