Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How can I stop my 14yr cat from going to the loo by the front door?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Frin13, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Frin13

Frin13 PetForums Member

hi there, I'm new here, I have 2 house cats, One 14yr old tabby (who has hypothyriodism) and a 5yr old little black cat.

Basically, we live in a flat above a pet shop (handy eh?) and ever since they've moved in downstairs my older cat keeps having a number 2 by our front door. my front doos is inside the pet shop, (strange set up i know :rolleyes:)

I am making the assumption that it's because she can smell dogs that have come in, but it doesn't matter what I try she will not stop going down there, she doesn't wee down there though, I have brought an extra litter tray, I have scrubbed the carpet and still she keeps doing it:rolleyes: any suggestions would be really appreciated.

the little one still uses her tray ok

many thanks

2. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

I don't know if its possible for you, but perhaps placing a litter tray where she is doing the 'business' would deter her.
    I'm saying this because what stopped my cat from peeing in my bedroom was putting a litter tray near where he was peeing - havn't had any trouble since

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice