Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How awful!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kinjilabs, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I know I shouldnt but Ive been on preloved looking at what dogs people are "discarding" willy nilly:mad:

This one is awful, just look at the picture, shes tied up with chain:mad::rolleyes:

11 month old black lab

#1 Kinjilabs, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011
  2. Besides everything esle she looks very thin to me!
    Hope she finds her forever home!
    As for the owners - scumbags!

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

awwwhhhh how long as she been there look how tangled the chain is :mad:

I was just doing the very same thing, quite a few really cheap or free dogs near me.

4. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Even as a basic I HATE animals being on a website called 'pre-loved' :mad:

5. aesir22

aesir22 PetForums Junior

I sold a violin on preloved...I didn't know people sold animals on there!

On the plus side, they are selling the dog and hopefully someone will get it and treat it with the love it deserves. Feel sorry for that baby she's having...wonder if that'll be chained up too lol

6. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I haven't looked at it, but I take it this is another "poor me, I am pregnant" type things? How did I ever cope with three children under 8, one of whom was mentally handicapped (couldn't take my eyes off him) and a dog? I must be some kind of heroine or martyr. What do you think?

I know I don't have any babies, but I do still have my son to care for and when I think of the hours I spend just grooming these dogs, I will never understand the mentally of people who have a dog and do not love it like one of their own children.

Are we all so soft on here? Are they the normal ones and we are a bit crazy? If so, I prefer being crazy:rolleyes::

7. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

No they are not "normal" or genuine animal lovers obviously:mad:

8. frosty2010

frosty2010 PetForums Member

Our Husky has a chain in the garden its 10 metres long and has swivel clips at both ends to stop it tangling up

he only goes on his chain when hes in thegarden on his own as you cant trust him with the walls and fences

hes never been on it for more than 20 mins. And is in the house most of the time. I do hate people selling unwanted pets.

9. Pineapple

Pineapple PetForums Member

:( Looks underweight & her eyes don't look too good. Really hope she goes to someone who can do better by her.

10. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

To be fair I am glad they are advertising this baby, she needs to be with someone who will love and care for her.

I hope she finds her forever home x

#10 Changes, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011
  11. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

How can you have a pet and not love it? I do not understand. I have fallen deeply and instantly in love with every dog I have ever had, especially my two bears. I spent half an hour this evening with Joshua on my lap having the most wonderful cuddles and kisses:001_smile:

That is what having a dog is all about, isn't it? I imagine they are selling because they want money for the dog, not for any other reason. Otherwise they would let breed rescue take care of things, wouldn't they?

I am full of evil thoughts for these people and everybody like them. It is like people who have a handicapped baby and promptly put it in a home because it is not perfect and cry about not being able to cope. I am not talking about people who have older children like that and find it is too much and give up reluctantly, but still visit a lot and things. That is a different matter and I know how hard some of the children can be, but the ones who discard a baby straight away. I have known people like that, a lot of the children Ian went to school with, especially Downes children, were with foster families.

Now you got me off on another rant. I digress - sorry.

12. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

No Im sorry for getting you ranting:eek:

How could you not! kiss and cuddle dogs like yours:D

I know my hubby would he loves them, I do too but I just couldnt be doing with their size at my age:(

13. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

At your age? I'm 63! Size isn't my main problem - fur is! I spent hours on my hands and knees yesterday, just trying to get at Ferdie's bum and I still haven't managed it properly! And Joshua is the absolute worst to groom. I still have a hankering for another retriever, though.

14. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I read this and haven't stopped laughing,
    Until this moment I was having a bad morning hehehehehee

Sorry in advance if anyone is offended xx

15. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

If you think it is soooo funny, get over here and help!!:) We have here a 12 stone dog, with a sh**ty bum, who flatly refuses to let me get at it. He sits down, or lies down and tucks his tail right underneath himself. Then he has the damned cheek to ask to go out. If only one could explain to a dog that he is not going out for a walk with a disgusting bum:eek: Got through a whole treat bag of liver cake trying to persuade him to stay put.

I shall have another go this afternoon.

16. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

:D sorry xx I am on my way xx

17. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Selfish,, uncaring, irresponsible to name a few springs to mind! :mad:

18. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

I stopped looking at these types of Ads years ago, it does me napper in!:mad:

I just think why hasnt the breeder taken the dog back??????? Oh, of course, it will have come from a BYB/ Pup farmer who coudltn give a toss thats why!!!:mad::mad:

I would die of shame if any dog I had bred turned up on these sites!:mad:

Another reason I keep in touch with ALL my buyers!! We've had to take two of ours back and kept them until we found the right home for them - why oh why cant other so do the same??

Rant over!!:rolleyes::

19. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

This is how I found Makita and Millie :eek: - Now I am offically banned from these websites :) but I still nose through them when im in a good enough mood that I wont get upset!

It does truely break my heart though everytime I read them, it makes me so angry. I definately want a family in the future but my dogs will be an important part of this,I struggle to undertsnad why the dog has to go because you start a family. I bet mos tof them get another dog as soon as they realise what they are missing and the baby grows up abit. I obviously had no home checks etc etc before getting either of my two, the previous owners knew very little about me! I must just come accross as a lovely person :D

#19 Milliepoochie, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice