Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How are your pets coping in this heat?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, Apr 25, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Our sammy isnt coping at all! We havent been able to get him in the last two nights and hes been out under a bush for the last 2 days refusing to come in! He hasnt hardly eaten and because he was out last night started to eat grass because he was hungry so has made himself sick everywhere today.
    I was going to boil some chicken for him but hes had a tiny bit of ham and is not interested in anything else:(

2. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

My sasha is suffering as well, she is long haired and she is really hot and not sure what she wants to do with herself, yesterday she drunk half a bowl of water, and she never ever drinks water so must be bad. :(:(

She is really restless and pacing all the time xx

3. LyndaDanny

LyndaDanny PetForums Senior

My rats aren't vey keen on the heat. But my tropical fish don't seem to mind lol

4. xhuskyloverx

xhuskyloverx PetForums VIP

Bellas struggling with all her fur, barnies not too bad.

All of the tortoises are loving it though :)

5. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

smudge is fine, he just hides under tables if hes too hot, thats if hes not in the window getting his suntan lol

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

my huskies cope very well:)...they just get exercised even earlier mornings and later evenings:)...the hammies and gerbils are fine but when the temp rises in the shed i put the fan on but i havent needed to do it this year as yet.

7. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

ours seem to be okay, they sit in the shade most of the day or in the house, and then will go sun themselves in the sun for abit then move back to the shade

8. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Other than having to have two Piriton a day due to his allergy to Pollen he really isn't bothered. It doesn't tire him or affect him, he still wants to be out and about walking and playing. His walks are all by water so he can easily jump in to chill if he wishes. He still eats as usual to. I on the other hand seem to have given myself a tad of sunstroke! Sorry to hear yours is not coping very good, not sure what to suggest. :(

9. ClaireLouise

Cass has slept outside one night this week cos its too hot

10. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Its a shame isnt it when they dont know what to do with themselves! At least we can wear something cooler in the heat.

11. shells

shells PetForums VIP

my cats have disapeared they do everytime its hot. the chooks are in the shade. and buster keeps sitting on my hall tiles as there always cold :D

12. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Jet just wants to lie around when it's really hot. He doesn'teven want to go out for longer than he has too.

13. CanIgoHome

CanIgoHome PetForums VIP

I know when its hot here the cats are under the fan and the hamsters are sleeping outside the houses :rolleyes:

14. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Fine, earlier walks in the morning, later walks at night, huge bowls of water in stoneware bowls, and lots of lazing around..they seem quite happy at the moment. The hair they are shedding is amazing though!

15. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

my house is always quite cool which is fantastic when its hot outside as keeps me and the critters comfortable but is a real pain in the winter!

16. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

My dog who is almost 5 yrs old has been unsettled with this warm weather, i really dont know why as hes always coped with hot weather before, i take him out when its cool and hes ok, running around like a mad thing ,,, maybe he and other other animals are in shock (as i am) that we have had some good weather

17. willa

willa PetForums VIP

It's much cooler now - but has been BOILING last few weeks
    Molly (11month Black Lab) is awful with the heat. She stays inside under mum's desk where it's dark & cool.
    Daisy our Yellow Lab is completely fine with the heat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice