Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How are you greeted?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by LeArthur, Jun 11, 2017.

1. LeArthur

LeArthur PetForums VIP

Arthur often does this when I come in
    WP_20170611_13_53_19_Pro.jpg
    He twirls about on the floor until I have put my bag away and got my shoes off to give his belly a tickle
    WP_20170611_13_53_38_Pro.jpg
    I can't resist his fluffy tum :D
    How do your feline friends greet you?

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Exactly the same way that Arthur greets you,if he is awake that is .
    He always walks a couple of steps in front then throws himself onto the floor and rolls around daring me to tickle his fluffy tum.
    What he doesn't remember is that I don't have a death wish so never venture "below the belt" ;)

ebonycat, chillminx, Charity and 3 others like this.
  3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

I am at home all the time, if I do decide to have a little life NOT being a slave to my girls and pop out for max 2 hours my welcome home greeting goes something like this:

Loulou greets me like simons cat feed me feed me, gives me a real telling off, then shows me the way to her bowl.
    Lottie runs up and bites my ankles then head buts me.
    Libby finds a spot which is face level with me and gives me such a filthy look, I am sure I could die on the spot.

ebonycat, Gwen9244, chillminx and 2 others like this.
  4. LeArthur

LeArthur PetForums VIP

Lottie bites your ankles?! :eek:
    Libby's greeting did make me chuckle! Purely because she finds a spot that's level to your face, that's a lot of effort ;)

Charity likes this.
  5. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Blue if outside will roll on the paving stones. Iv comes running especially if it's a bit wet if damp. If inside, Iv jumps on my chest and pushes the phone or iPad away. Blue chirps and mothers to be fed x

ebonycat and Charity like this.
  6. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

As soon as he sees you, Toppy puts his head down and rolls over on his back, well its more of a plonk really. Then he expects a tummy tickle. If you ignore him, he gets up and comes and gives you a head butt.
    Bunty will occasionally roll over, especially if she is in her bed, but most of the time, she greets you with a load of chat, though heaven knows what she is on about.

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_3690.JPG

7. Elsiebea

Elsiebea PetForums Senior

If they are about then they will chirp at me. When Ziggy comes in he cries loudly at me, whilst Big P just comes in and chirps. If I'm outside and they arrive in the garden, they'll usually greet each other before bothering to let me know they are around!

ebonycat, LeArthur and Charity like this.
  8. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Tilda will wonder about screeching to be fed & headbutting me while I try & take my shoes off. If I don't feed her quickly she will sit on my bed doing a very mournful yowl.

Rodney will ignore me until I go downstairs to the conservatory & he will fall out of his chair & shout at the door to go out in the garden.

9. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

Miss Willowbee is all over me like a rash 'OMG, where have you been, I've missed you so much, I need a hug, let me jump on your shoulders and rub myself all over you, quick give me a kiss, hear's my tum, quick kiss it'

Missy is 'So, you've decided to come home have you, after deserting me like that do you honestly expect me to be happy to see you, well you can kiss my a***, bagsy first sit on your lap when you sit down'

Gus and Evie are pretty much the same, from their sleeping position 'Oh, it's you, back to sleep'

ebonycat, Charity, LeArthur and 2 others like this.
  10. LeArthur

LeArthur PetForums VIP

@Charity I'd love to be a Doctor Doolittle!!

ebonycat and Charity like this.
  11. KittenEevee

KittenEevee Crazy Cat Lady

My kitten greets me by being vocal and meowing like she's saying hello, she will then roll around lie on her back, then she will stretch out and reach for my foot and lightly put her paw on my foot. She's so cute. I also love when she runs towards me when I come in as well.

12. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

If Ebony is downstairs (favourite place on the breakfast bar), I will come in & say hello to her, she will answer with a long meow, roll on her side for a stroke. If she's upstairs then when I call out to her she will come running downstairs meowing & demanding to know where I've been (Shes always done this & Ive always fought her more dog like then cat).

Alfie will jump up onto one of the cat trees & meow his head off & demand strokes.

Bunty & Toppy are my pf crush couple, Toppys tummy needs smooching :Kiss

LeArthur likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice