UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Housing size recommendations?

450 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Torty Yo 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have two 3 year old horsefield tortoises. Both are male and just recently they started to fight a little, when they did I let them run around my room and they seemed to calm down but today one has followed the other in an attempt to fight him and will not stop.
At the moment they live in a vivarium ( I know that this is incorrect housing but my parents were missold it by the pet shop that convinced them it was the best. I am only just the age where a have a proper job and can afford correct housing). I can assure that they have been vet checked recently and are healthy.

So basically I want to get a tortoise table but rather than getting a large for both in hopes the space makes them not fight (which is clearly not the case now) I have decided to build a two tier tortoise table.

Could I have a suggestion of what would be a suitable size for both separate spaces for 1 horsefield tortoise to live in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.