Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Houses for sale

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Apr 13, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

Every spring and summer the amount of properties for sale in my area increases dramatically. It's not just this year because of the economic climate, it happens year after year.
    I've often wondered, why so many people want to move. If I had been given the opportunity I would have stayed in the same house all of my life.
    I know some people have to because of job change, relationship splits and increasing families, but it costs so much.
    How many houses have you owned and why did you move?

2. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

our house is up for sale , its personal reasons why we are doing it

3. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

We havent owned as of yet.
    We are starting to save after the baby is here and will probably go for a mortgage in about 5yrs.
    With everything that is going on I think we are best leaving it a few years, the banks are supposedly pushing up mortgage repayments and very few banks will give a mortgage unless you have a minimum 20% to put down

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

its the same in our area

they all go up for sale at this time of year as all the holiday makers are down and they like it then think they would love to live here then see a nice house for sale and there you go

the best way to do it

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Nope its a known fact that people move at this time of year, Ive never moved so cant say my own experience but ive worked in banks and
    Mortgages and home insurance are ALWAYS the focus points in banks at the start of quarter 2.

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

We moved beacaUse we lived in a flat previously so needed more room. We now live in the house that we fell in love with so will never move again (hopefully!)

7. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

We have moved twice since we married 45 years ago, three times if you count living with my Parents for the first 6 weeks of our marriage, mainly because our first house wasn't quite habitable, untill OH finished doing it up.
    We were in that house 6 years, I hated the area, but at the time it was all we could afford. Then we moved here to Devon & I have never wanted to go anywhere else. We have been here since 1973, house was a brand new one then & surrounded by farm land, it isn't now, houses everywhere. We are the only people who have lived in our house, mortgage was all paid up, 20 years ago.

8. borderer

borderer Guest

mmm thinking of moving we could live near each other:tongue_smilie:Singing:

9. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Good thread Rona :D

I've moved alot in my life, both during childhood and as an adult.

I've own 3 houses in the 12 years I've been on the property ladder.

The first move was because we were relocating 250 miles, the second move was because the house was just toooooooo small (we had already downsized but upsized our mortage :( in our 1st move).

We've been in our current house 5 years and don't expect to move again for another few as we are saving hard for our ideal property, but our next move will also be a relocating move and hopefully our last.

10. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I have "Owned" three houses, the first two were part of my previous marriage and the moves were down to relocation workwise. The one I'm in now will more than likely also be our final home, we like the area and our neighbours are for the most part fab. But we have always talked about retiring abroad so there is possibly one more move for us in about 8yrs time. :D

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Housing market is pretty stagnant here at the mo. I keep seeing the same ones for sale forever..
    Im on my first house and Ive been here about 10 years. TBH I would love to move (would love a bigger back garden, some sort of front garden and a hallway!!) but cant afford it. I got my mortgage for this place about 6mths before the massive rise in house prices and couldnt afford to get anything much better..
    (I wouldnt even think of moving until I no longer have my 'special needs' kitties anyways!!LOL:eek:

12. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

We havent owned our own house yet but we have moved to three different places in the past 3 and a half years... quite bad when you put it like that. I moved from my parents home to live with my fiance, then we moved to Swansea, then we moved back to Manchester.. we are hoping to stay where we are now though until we can, because as you said, its so expensive to move

13. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i lived in 2 different rented flats - even with renting the cost of moving is still high when you count in all the costs of decorating and removals. i had to move out my first flat as the building was full of junkies and drug addicts and with a young baby it was horrendous. my second flat was fine but i moved from glasgow to swansea (i hate how quiet it is here at times though)

oh has owned this house for about 6 years although it`s been in the family for over 90 years. the garden is tiny and we are constantly tripping over things as the house was redesigned when oh bought it and the way it was done there isn`t enough room for 3 people (not to mention that thing next door :mad: ) so we decided to move for sure about a month ago and now we`re just waiting for the final papers from the solicitors etc to be signed and we have our new house :D it`s costing an absolute fortune but it`s well worth it as we`ll have much more room and the garden is huge so my daughter can play out rather than being stuck in all day. i guess we`re quite lucky though in that this house is being kept to be rented out so we didn`t have to go through the hassle of putting it on the market then waiting months for it to sell otherwise i doubt we`d have got the house we wanted :)

14. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

During my child hood I lived in 3 houses - everytime we moved it was because of my dads job.
    As an adult I've agian lived in 3 houses - everytime we've moved it's been for more room as our family has grown, the last move was literally 4 doors along :eek:
    I plan to move one more time in my life and that's when the kids have left home, I'll stay in this area as I've lived here since I was 7 (34 years)

This time of year is always popular to put houses on the market - not many people want to move leading up to Christmas and dark evening give you less time to actually move.
    Houses show better on sunny days, every house seems to look good when the sun is shining.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice