Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Household Items & Plants etc. Harmful To Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Dally Banjo, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Purr010

Purr010 PetForums Newbie

I’m hoping that a what plants or flowers are safe list might be shorter

2. Mrs Brown

Mrs Brown PetForums Member

My cousin has a huge peacelily plant in her kitchen and I admired it for some time before buying one. It stood pride of place on a table in my living room. Oh why did I not realise it is on that list of DO NOT HAVE IN A HOME WITH CATS as I knew of certain plants to avoid but had no idea this one should be banned from the home. I liked the plant but after seeing him nibble the leavesI then put it on top of my freezer and out of Robbie's reach (he has never been up there) but now learn that they don't have to actually chew the leaves to be at risk.

He has done a lot of chewing the leaves when it was on the table. They must taste good to him.

It is being binned completely today and I will just make do with my artificial plants. I hate thinking of what might have been and that he may have felt unwell after chewing the leaves.

:eek:

3. Marthamatic

Marthamatic PetForums Newbie

Cacti.... I had to bring my cat to the vet twice coz she decided to play with a small cactus on my desk!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice