Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

house mates guinea pig..

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by tawamather24, May 6, 2010.

1. tawamather24

tawamather24 PetForums Newbie

hey folks,

my house mate is quite an awful pet owner so i have adopted her guinea pig Beansprout for a while, he desperatly needs a bath and i constantly work so have no time to go to the vet- what else can i use to clean him until i can take him there? :confused:
    also he is an extremely long haired guinea pig and his back fur is uber long- shall i trim it or take him to a vets?

any feedback appreiciated :D

2. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

i no some people on here do bath guinea pigs, in warm water, like only afew cm but ive never done this so im cure someone else will be along to answer moree x

3. chrissielk

chrissielk PetForums Member

hi you can buy shampoos from a pet store or even at some supermakets for small animals. or some local recuses will wash and trim nails for a small fee. My local one charges £5.

To bath them i put towels in the bottom of my kitchen sink and make up the shampoo in a jug. (The shampoos are like a cap full to so much water.) I then pour bit on at a time massagering it in all over apart from their face. then i use a jug of warm water a raise them.

I would say if hair is very matted then yes trim it it will be a funky guinea pig for awhile.

If you are going to wash the piggy make sure it doesn't get cold. wrap it on in a towel after and have some cuddle time. If kept out side i would say keep it in until full dry, maybe over night.

Hope this helps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice