Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hot weather

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by hotdog, Jun 23, 2009.

1. hotdog

hotdog PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone :D

My 8 months samoyed bitch lives in the city which is very hot and humid during summer. I heard about Johnson's Vita-cool tablets can reduce dogs body temperature and keep them cool.
    My dog is perfectly healthy. I want to ask is it safe to use the tablets? How does this product work?

Thanx very much.:eek:

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Not heard of them.

Personally i think its just far more sensible to keep them in the shade, maybe with a fan, make sure they have plenty of water, and dont walk them in the middle of the day. Early morning and late evening walks are the best in the hot weather.

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I second the above, dont make your dog take any tablets unless you really have to. There are plenty other things you can do for your dog to keep it cool.

4. BuddyTitus

BuddyTitus PetForums Junior

i agree with the others, there are ways to keep her cool, a fan, good supply of ice cubes, frozen kongs to chew on, even a damp towel for her to lie on. Our Samoyed gets quite hot so we only walk him first thing in the morning and after 8.30 at night now. He is still a baby at 4.5 months and wants to play all the time but we have tried to keep him calm during mid day so he doesn't overheat. There are some really good deals at asda, tesco and costco for tower fans at the moment.

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i agree with the posts above, i have never heard of the tablets, :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice