Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hot summer weather and indoor only cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover, Jul 4, 2009.

1. catlover

catlover PetForums Member

Hi All

I live in a 2 bedroomed flat and since I have had my cat I have barely opened my windows apart from the top ones by about half an inch for fear of the cat jumping out of it and landing on the main road...

This last week has been hell with the temperatures, I have fans but all they seem to do is blow hot air at you. What do people do to solve this problem, or do you just put up with it?

I am waiting on delivery of a cool mist humidifier after reading a couple of small reviews which said it was like a mini air con unit, but a few other reviews say the exact opposite:cursing:

I have seen the flat cat window protectors but I would not trust my moggy with them, she would eventually find a way to either rip it down or through it i'm sure.

Cant find a melting smiley so i'll use this:blushing:

2. will562

will562 PetForums Junior

3. catlover

catlover PetForums Member

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Know how you feel our bsh was neutered 2 weeks ago but we plan not to let him out. We are all cooking alive and yes we have fans on not that it does much. I dont trust my cat as hes quite strong for his age and im worried he will push window open. As we are in rented and we plan on moving soon i cant even cat proof here.

5. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Hi! Know exactly what you mean ~ I've got indoor cats & it's murder when it's hot. :( I bought the kit to make the proper window sceens, but me being me, never got 'round to making them. My best investment EVER was to buy 2 fitted air conditioning units - "do it yourself" ones from B&Q. I bought them at the end of the season & got a great deal. I got my local electrician to fit them, but there's no need ~ you can "do it yourself" if you're handy. I've got one unit on the wall in my bedroom & one on the wall in my lounge & I can't tell you how good they are ~ bliss!! :D You can also use them to heat, but I just use them to cool. I did see an ad for Focus this week - all fans & air con half price - if they've got anything left after the heat this week, lol!! :idea:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice