Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hot on the heels of NHS boob lady.......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by simplysardonic, Aug 29, 2013.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

.......... Comes NHS tummy tuck lady :rolleyes:

Stuff the kids who need cancer treatment, why would they matter when the next Julia Roberts could have just been created?

Kelly McManus: She's the size 10 mum pilloried for having a tummy tuck on the NHS because she wants to be a star. So is she contrite? As if! | Mail Online

So she's making excuses & insulting every person who genuinely has depression. How is a tummy tuck going to affect a chemical imbalance in the brain? Pity the NHS can't cure stupid :mad:

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

her shoes are disgusting lol..

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

27 my bottom she looks 47!

4. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

That is the worst make over I have ever seen - giant shoes that don't fit and the most unflattering dress they could lay their hands on.

Why oh why oh why didn't her GP tell her to go on a diet just like everyone else that has a baby has to if they want a flat stomach!! That does it, I am going to go to my doctor and tell him I need a nose job because mine is affecting my balance - see you all in the Daily Fail! :D

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

it just makes me sad

6. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Or even better, how about as a society we not buy in to the hype that women who have grown and entire being inside their bodies should go back to looking like pre-pubescent girls?

This is insane on so many levels...
    That the government should pay for what amounts to a frivolous luxury.
    That the parameters of what is attractive in women are so narrow.
    That anyone would tie in their self-worth so tightly in to physical appearance.
    That women are STILL judged on their physical appearance, how young they look (and choice of shoes) - really?
    I could go on and on.

I have NO desire to look like I did when I was 14. I am NOT 14. My body tells the story of my life and I am proud of that story and the person it has made me. I can't wait for our societal pendulum to swing back towards appreciating and respecting age and wisdom and the physical appearance that goes along with it.

7. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

8. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I agree with all this, but I did say if she WANTS a flat stomach - I didn't say she HAS to. I still think she should have been sent packing rather than given the surgery.

9. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Great post - I wanted to rep you for this but I've got to spread it about a bit fiorst!

10. ouesi

ouesi Guest

No, I got that. I wasn't saying you had said she needs one, just that women in general seem to think that having a flat stomach after growing a child is necessary or even desirable. It's just odd really, when you sit and think about it. You've had a child, one of the coolest, most amazing things women can do, why such a need to look as if it never happened? What's wrong with a woman who's had a child to actually *look* like a woman who has had a child?
    If I run 5 miles a day, by god I want to look like someone who runs 5 miles a day. Why is it such a polar opposite for gestating, birthing and nursing a child? We humans are so weird...

11. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Pisses me off because i am tryin to get funding for an Autism diagnoses to be told sorry, we spent all the money, because they spent it all on boob jobs and tummy tucks

12. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I did it before your I saw your post - well deserved rep!!

13. ItsonlyChris

ItsonlyChris PetForums Senior

Why did the NHS say yes?

I've lost faith in the system.

It just seems like people are seeing the boob lady and thinking "ooh, she got hers for free, so can I!" but in reality, they're blowing money on something trivial when Doris the pensioner might have just died in hospital because they couldn't give her the medicine she needs because of crap like this! :mad2:

Little rant over.

But seriously, it's just getting silly now. I'm pretty sure that she could have done exercise to get rid of the skin. I can't say for sure as I'm not a mother and I didn't look into it at all.

14. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

The government are cutting corners and trying to save money, but the NHS does this kind of operation for free! Just plain stupid IMO, they need to say no to vanity operations. Just coz someone wants one, isn't good enough a reason to spend all that money. If they want it so much, let them save up and pay for it themselves!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice