Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hospital.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shetlandlover, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Went upto the hospital with the dog bite this afternoon. 4 hours wait for a tetanus and 2 lots of anti-biotic's.

Anyway, While there......this happened.

The nurses started running round saying someone had passed out outside the door. I had perfect view and could see a man in his 50's led on the floor. 5 nurses went to him and helped him up and into a wheel chair and into his own private room. He was drunk....very....

They stopped treating everyone else while dealing with him. After about an hour 1 nurse came out of the room with a whole bottle of whiskey. Anyway, they offered him food which he had a whole meal...then they paid a taxi to take him home. By this point many of the people in the waiting room were angry because he was getting loads of help for being wasted.

Off he went home in his taxi and people started being seen again by the nurses. Well about 1 hour later he appeared again the taxi had taken him back to the pub......they took him in again, 5mins later he went into the bathroom another man in the waiting room got worried and went in after the man had been in their for a good half an hour and found him downing a bottle of wine.
    Again the nurses fed him and paid for his ride home.

Just as we were leaving he was at the door again with more alcohol.

Whats funny is the hospital is quite a way away from pubs or shops and he just happened to travel the long journey all the way up there and just happened to pass out by the door? Either he's unlucky or smart because he got seen before everyone else.

Why go upto the hospital because you are drunk? Go home and sleep it off!!

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That really does annoy me especially when someone is rushed through ahead of other people just because they're drunk. If you're stupid enough to get that drunk then don't waste the hospitals time when they could be treating people who didn't deliberately get themselves into that state

3. Yup.

It got to me because he was capable of getting more alcohol so why the hell could he not go home?

I can only ever say I was that drunk once....and guess what? I went home. Not to the bloody hospital! Grr.:glare:

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I don't think I've ever been that drunk the one time I ended up in hospital still a little drunk was when I woke up the next morning and really hurt my neck and was panicking.

5. I have been drunk twice. But only once as bad as I saw that guy today and I must say I have never been to the hospital because of drink.

Both times I got drunk I made sure I was with friends who I trusted to make sure nothing happened to me if I did get drunk. Then again I was very young. My 18th was a good example....I knew I was drunk so told my OH to call his dad and get us home because I knew I was not in any state to be out.

6. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

What a truely appalling waste of resources. Nothing else to say:mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice