Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Horsey Careers

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Jul 19, 2009.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

OK, so I mean a career here as oppoed to a job kind of thing. I know I could be an instructor etc but I am a go getter and one of those determined to get to the best there is, but I'm not arrogant or anything about it!! I've thought and researched into physio, but its too long a route and too risky for me to do it to the standard I would desire. An equine vet salary etc isn't always great and it takes a long time to get there too...

Any ideas of other things to do with horses that are more challenging and take a lot of work, but kind of you build up from being there as opposed to from 7+ years training?

I decided a while ago it was have horses or work with them, and I think I may be more inclined to work with them than have my own, or at least not until later on in life, as much as I don't like it!!

2. Horsesport

Horsesport PetForums Newbie

Well there are lots of different careers that involve horses....

One of our advertisers is into Sports Equine massage.....Kate is great and could give you some pointers...

Flight Equine

Or what about working with one of the charities with rescue Horses...I would love to be able to help rescue a poorly treated horse and watch it grow and become healthy again....but guess it would be heartbreaking too

Horse Rescue Charity

Hope this helps..

Nikki

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice