Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Horse riding lessons

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Kirsty1612, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsty1612

Kirsty1612 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am a qualified, freelance horse riding instructor based in Manchester. Affordable prices and professional service. All ages, abilities and lesson types welcome. Will travel to your yard. Please message for more details if you're interested.
    Thank you for looking.

2. danielled

danielled Guest

Manchester you say. You'll need at least 25 posts and then you can send pm's. First I need to get my confidence back with horses before I can get on one again. I was kicked by one called Tyler once and mo I wasn't behind him. Well I wasn't to begin with then he turned round on me and started kicking me. Since then I've not been very confident at all around them. I treated him better than his previous owner. He loved carrots and apples. I loaned Ty but since that day I haven't seen him. Before him when I was a teenager me and my pony girl Copper did horse shows. Doesn't help that my visual impairment means I only see out of my left eye 2 meters blurred tunnel vision, never seen out of my right eye and now the right eye is plastic and actually opens now.

3. Kirsty1612

I'm sorry to hear you suffered such an attack. I've been around horses the majority of my life and only heard of it a couple of times, never actually seeing it happen. Thing like that do really knock your confidence. However don't let it stop you from getting back in the saddle and carry on with something your passionate about. .

4. Kirsty1612

Also thank you Danielled for your advice on here.

5. danielled

danielled Guest

Oh trust me I want to get back on a horse and did in cornwall last year. Though wasn't confident til 20 minutes in but I still wasn't 100% confident.

6. Kirsty1612

But you did and that's the main thing. It takes some people years before they are 100% confident again. But it's soo satisfying when you do. Have a look about for someone who needs help a couple of days a week (very kind horse, there are plenty of them) even if you go for half an hour and just groom one you will feel so much better for doing it. You will probably surprise yourself.

danielled likes this.
  7. danielled

danielled Guest

As it happens there is somebody we know who has a lovely gentle old horse, she has said I can see him and groom him and take him for gentle walks. He is no longer a riding horse due to some arthritis that has stopped him being a riding horse. Apparrantly he still has moments of wanting to run but if he over does it is sore so she just takes him for gentle walks other wise if he is just in his stable he will struggle just as we would if our legs have been in one position for a long time for example if we pull a muscle or something. I hear he is very very gentle.

8. Kirsty1612

You might as well what's to lose?. Good luck with it

danielled likes this.
  9. danielled

danielled Guest

If you ask me nothing is to lose, but he can help me get more confident around horses. In cornwall I was watching the horses feet and the lady noticed and said you don't need to watch his feet he is fine so I explained about Ty and she understood, there has to be a reason Ty kicked me, they don't kick people for no reason.

10. Kirsty1612

I wouldn't ponder on it too much as you will never know. It sounds like it was just one of those things, which is very unfortunate for u. U just have to find a way to put it to the back of ur mind ( easier said than done, believe me I know). But hopefully this one will help you find your confidence again

11. danielled

danielled Guest

I think he will help a lot. Now a horse stepping on your toe that is easy to deal with you just go excuse me but please remove your hoof off my foot and usually a gentle tap where you'd give the walk on nudge works for me to get a horse off my foot. That worked with my old girl Copper, rip old Copper old girl my good pony.

12. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

Kirsty, I'm afraid it's against forum rules to advertise your business on here. You can post on Horse Classifieds but not in Chat.

danielled likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice