Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Horse Racing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I thought I'd better watch the Grand National before I said any more about it, so I just have seen a replay of it, and it is sad that 2 of the horses lost their lives.

Now I'd just like to say....

1. I'd like to say that the winning horse was , not badly whipped by it's Jockey he was hitting the padded No. part of his saddle.

2. I think the winning Jockey had a wonderful race and should be proud of himself and his horse, who was no more out of breath than we would have been running for a bus.

3. These horses are breed to race it's the only reason they are here.

4. Horses get killed in all types of racing not just the GN.

5. If we banned horse racing what do you think would happen to all the horses, should they open up a new dog food company called "The Grand National" pets food company.

Sorry if this offends some of you, but that the way of the world, nothing is prefect is it, and someone is always going to get upset.

metame likes this.
  2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

And while we are feeling so "animal welfare orientated" we'll all agree to condone and excuse puppy farming :)

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

That is not the same at all, those dogs are kept it awful conditions, most race horses are looked after very well or they wouldn't be able to race would they??????????????

4. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

And banning the GN wouldn't acheive anything, like I said earlier it would force the races underground, and away from rules and regs, and that would mean more cruelty inflicted upon the horses. Its not the racing that needs stamping on, it's the owners/trainers who push their unfit/unwell horses to the limits :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice