Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Horse info

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by rebenda, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

hellooo im not normally on this part but as im currently having riding lessons im quite interested in learning all the diff info about horses for example ive heard people mention class A/B, and stuff does anyone know a good site?

the owner of the stables i go to are starting nvq horse management which i might do if i can in september.

any little pointers would be great thankuuuppp

2. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Hi! If you google you'll find many site's that you can do research on. I also had books when i was studying (indepentely), like horse management and care, i bought in depth books that attempt to teach you everything about riding and caring for horses. I bet your loving it :D i started riding at an early age and loaned a horse up until a while ago. I miss him, its still raw :( i haven't really rode since but i am getting my little girl (who is 3) into to horses ;) good luck with it all. Its very addictive lol!Xx

3. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

cheers! yep its very addictive i planned on having 1 lesson a fortnight which immediatly went to 1 hour a week id have more if i could afford it! im bigstyle addicted and so determined to get everything right i cant wait for tomorrow next lesson!!

yer i might nip to library and see what books theyv got i just love learning everything about them:D

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Very much like me then ;) lol! I can't stop studying and researching lol! I have studyed many animals wild and domestic and its turned into an obsession!! I miss my big boy and i am hoping to start riding again soon. I'm glad your enjoying it, but be prepared for addiction beyond your wildest dreams lol! Books are a great investment because you can refer back to them anytime. Xx

5. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

Ebay and amazon are a good place to get started looking for books, I had a sort out of all the books under my bed the other day and Imust have about 50 or more horse books, all about differnt things and I refer back to most of them from time to time.

A good genereal all round book would be good. You could probably pick up some good information off the BHS (British Horse Society) website.

These are other good site's, you may find helpfull :)

Information about horses, ponies, horse riding, horse care and equestrian sports

New Rider Home

Have fun :D If there's anything else you wnat to know just ask!:smilewinkgrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice