Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

horrible walk home.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RockRomantic, Mar 25, 2011.

1. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

walking home from a friends, i decided to cut through a car park whilst walking through it i hared some voices, turns out theres two blokes with a puppy sat on a fence. One shouts, is it female or male, i said male and walked on, these blokes walked towards me one stayed back with the puppy who was growling and barking like mad whilst the other one stroked Buster, they kept asking questions, what was he crossed with, how he was with others dos etc. I mumbled some rubbish and tried to carry on walking, to which the blokes walked with me.

They then told me about his staff bitch whos just had a litter and another one who was expecting but didn't know if she was pregnant by his blue staff or his white one, so i just said my husband was meeting me and i had to leave. he then asked if i wanted a staff pup there and then :confused: and how much i'd sell Buster for. the bloke that was holding the puppy ran up to his mate who was really close and the puppy (i do say puppy i have no idea how old it was but it looked young) and bit Busters face. i pulled buster away and said sorry i really have to leave he asked where did i live i said just over there *pointed in a random direction* as i walked of he shouted, 'hes beautiful don't leave out in your back garden or i might have him..only joking' i actually think he wasn't

I know it sounds silly but i felt so intimidated :(

#1 RockRomantic, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

awww that's sound horrible hun :(

Glad you are ok though and it's idiots like that, that give Staffies a bad name.

Big hugs for you and Buster x

3. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

Oh darling in my job that's what I have to deal with day in, day out. Trash aren't they? You were lucky tho - that could have turned out quite nasty! If I was you I would give the police a ring tomorrow and report how you felt. Chances are, they will know that it's a likely spot for the 'pond life,' (no offence to frogs etc - I quite like them as it goes) to gather. But its in everyones interests if they keep an eye on the place. My advice to you is to keep to well lighted areas - don't take short cuts. Believe me tho sweetheart, when they are confronted with a uniform and a well trained security dog, their bravado soon disappears! You kept calm and used your head - so well done you!

4. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

so glad your both safe, i'd of been really scared and i'd take teir threats seriously :(

Sadly cockerpoo is right, it's idiots like that that that cause all the assle staffies get.

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Oh my you poor thing
    I hope your ok, that must have been so scarey :(

6. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Scary. Hope they don't come and steal your dog :mad:

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

That is s scary what a k**b hope your ok, it's times like that you wish your friendly dogs weren't so friendly even just little sod of growl would be nice

8. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

That is awful and i'm not surprised you felt intimidated.

People round here are quite nice and i've never had anyone ask how much Mals go for, where I live etc. if I did i'd just say he's very temperamental and may bite so don't touch him please as I don't want a bill.

Glad you're okay and Buster is still with you safe and sound. ;)

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

The chavs can be abit scary at times cant they?? I do think it was time they were rounded up and neutered for population control!!:D
    I hate the ones that cling onto to you and ask you about your dog. 'how much', 'are they neutered', would you breed them'.
    I dont get 'where do you live' much but I do get 'can you lend me money for the phone' quite abit!!;)

10. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

A**holes. I used to be very cautious about staffies - before everyone pounces on me - because I lived in a city where there were a lot of this kind of git around - despite the fact that I love the breed. Too many lowlifes want them, and it's awful to see what they're doing with them :(
    Horrible experience for you, but you stayed calm and got away - focus on how you got out of it, it's better than worrying about what could have been.

11. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

What a horrible experiance you've had. I'm glad you managed to keep a cool head.
    Glad you're ok now though.

12. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

Yes to the above, you handled yourself really well and I'm glad you're okay, I hope Buster is feeling fine too.

I always carry my key ring in my pocket. Big set with keys on it that I don't use anymore and or remember what they unlocked now. It's a small comfort though - I often walk with my finger through the ring so if I had to hit someone they'd feel those keys before my fist. And I have my Fox40 whistle.

13. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

What a horrid experience, no wonder you felt intimidated. Hope you never meet them again. On another forum I go on a lot of people suggest that the dog developing a hidden condition like epilepsy or diabetes can be useful.
    One time my dad was out walking my two and he was followed by a white van, but thankfully I usually avoid things like that because my girl has something very obvious wrong with her - only 3 legs.

14. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I am glad you are both ok, thats the most important thing. I can completely understand feeling intimidated by them, it's these kin of idiots which have given Staffie's such a bad reputation.

This is part of the reason why I decided I needed to get Millie Spayed - We have had a couple of comments from a young lad who lives near us who has asked about breeding pups with her and his Rottie or his Staffie (He wasnt fussed which one!) - Someone even offerred me cash for her once whilst we were walking accross a park! :mad:

Some people have no morals at all.

15. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear you had a bad walk, thanx to some lowlife

When ever you get asked "how much"... just say... its costs me tonnes in vets bills, because its got ... what ever ailment you can think up , they wouldn`t know a real one from a made up one, so you can even get creative lol

I would report it to the police, they have made threats to steal your property (dogs are seen as property to the law I guess) and should your dog go missing, they will know where to look straight away.

16. Quinzell

Quinzell PetForums VIP

I would report it to the police too. It sounds like the place that you saw them could be their little "hang out" area. It won't do any harm for the police to have a word with them about their intimidating behavior and threats!

Glad you are both ok though.

17. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

Lordy! I'd have been scared witless!

Do you have a setting on your phone whereby you can set up a fake call? I have a system on my mobile where if I hold the side button in, it will generate a "fake call" so that my mobile rings and I can then hold an imaginery conversation with the nobody on the other end, in your case it would have been "yes, thanks for calling back, could you meet me at the end of the path please, I have a couple of people bothering me, I'll meet you there in two minutes, thanks!"

18. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm glad you are Both OK, It awful when this happens, I don't like when someone comes over and starts walking with me and asking about my dog, it's very unsettling. Luckily now Dillon is almost full grown his size keeps the "idiot class" away from him. Funny how brave they are with a woman and smaller dogs, see a big dog and they move away.:rolleyes:

19. beary_clairey

beary_clairey PetForums VIP

You did well and kept your head in a very scary situation.

I think this happens quite a lot. A lady who I meet when walking the girls has a beautiful English Bull Terrier and I know she gets a lots of young guys asking her about him.

I would definitely report it to the police, they may keep an eye on the area.

20. smudgebiscuit

smudgebiscuit PetForums Member

what a horrible experience for you,so glad you managed to stay calm-not easy sometimes when you're intimidated. What a pair of horrible men-people like that should be castrated so they can't reproduce & breed another generation of idiot!!!!:p

Glad you ok xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice