Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

:(Horrible situation

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rebenda, Aug 15, 2009.

1. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

Well i had a really good day at work nice and quiet and got to spend loads of time with the poorly animals. nice and chilled out and then we got a phone call from someone wanting to have their dog put to sleep, ok sure come down what is the reason for having your dog put to sleep? the answer- shes started snapping at us i dont like it.

ok we thought aggressive dog is a risk owners want putting to sleep, until they turned up with this dog that is.

a 2 yr old staffie lil girl just had pups and they sold them three days ago, they signed everything and i took her off them the poor dogs face when they walkd the other way was heartbreaking, even more heartbreaking was the fact this dog was soo gentle watched everything we did wagging her tail and lickd my hand and arms while i sat on the floor giving her cuddles and making a fuss of her:( i begged the vet was there anything we could do to save her but there wasnt as theyd signed her over as aggressive:(

it broke my heart this lil girl was soo nice all the way to falling asleep in my arms. im crying now thinking about it and i cried then, if i had my own place i would have took her without a second thought. this dog might have just needed a couple of days to get over the fact her pups had been taken off her and she gets sent away just like that:(

Spellweaver and animallover111 like this.
  2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

OMG i really feel for you,this girl is now safe from lifes !!!!!!!!!!!! ( cant print it or would be banned !) she can now run free at rainbow bridge,

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Thats awful!! couldnt the vet let rescue look at her? before just putting her to sleep? poor dog going through having pups then just killed!

4. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

So sad .. poor little girl..and they have dogs destroyed.What about the dam owners who couldn't give a dam about her..:mad:
    R.I.P Little Staffie..

5. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

OMG how can people be soo evil

Seems like they got what they needed from her and then got rid

6. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Poor baby, people can be so cruel :(

Sleep tight poor girl :( xx

7. animallover111

Another dog suffers because of stupid owners......:mad: :mad: At least she had you there with her to comfort her.....RIP lil staffie.....:(

8. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

Omg poor you,that is shocking.Absolutely heartbreaking,i'm lost for words,really i am.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I know just how you feel. It seems such a senseless waste, and there is nothing you can do but make their last moments full of affection and caring.

10. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

the vet talkd about it and askd but the rescues have stopped taking as their full and all fosterers are full and all the staff are full :( the vet felt horrible for doing it she were close to tears and the other nurse had to walk off. just breaks my heart for her and i love staffies to bits even though id feel the same with any animal i cant stop thinkin about it, at least she got love and cuddles before and whilst she went. her head next to my cheek and her leaning all her wieght onto me...really sounds like an aggressive dog doesnt it!?

11. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

To be totally honest, very few rescues will take a dog labeled aggressive particularly a staffie. My current vet got one of his dogs that way, the owners said it had attacked the child when in truth it was just an over excited 7 month old puppy who had knocked down the child. He could not find a home for it and even talking to the breed rescue, they had no high hopes for the dog and advised him it was better to place the dog to sleep. What was the dog? a rottweiler :(

It's awful that this sort of thing happens, poor girlie may she rest in peace :(

12. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Im not lost for words but cant say them on here:mad:

13. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

horrible ba****rds, how can anyone do this ?!? :cursing:

14. Colsy

Colsy Banned

I my god thats really terrible.
    The poor dog ,why didn't they try to rehome her.
    Or even put the dog into rescue.
    I am so sorry you had to go through this trauma it must have been terrible.
    Thinking of you.
    I really do not know what to say.

15. foxy roxy

foxy roxy PetForums Member

so so very sad i really feel for you god bless her she is in a better place now

16. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

thanks. they said they rang the dog warden but they wouldnt take her they mentioned somewere else as well but cant remember. i just wish so much the rescues wernt full around here am sure we would have managed to get her in somwere. i were desperatly thinking of anyone in my family who could have had her but ive rehomed as much as i can to them.

17. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Thats what I thought ... and we are supposed to be the higher species :cursing: , that poor little girl :(

Run free little sweetheart

18. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

Oh my god!
    I am so sorry for you! That must of been so sad for you to have to do that!
    At least she got some love before she left this world! You were able to give her the one thing her owners never did!
    You gave her some cuddles and love! Bless you! Thank god you managed to give her some love!
    Poor soul been used to breed from then sold pups and signed her over! This is not right! She might not of had any agression in her! This is the sad thing that if a owner says a dog is agressive then the poor soul has it's life ended!
    I can understand you are sad! You are here with friends!
    Good on you for giving her some love and cuddles! You did your best for her!
    i am so glad that you were there to give her some love! You are a very special person!
    Run free little girl you are free now!
    sandy

19. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

:)she was a spesh little one could see that with only being with her for 15 mins :( she got lots of cuddles and love and kisses she were sooo well behave didnt need a muzzle she didnt flinch at us just watched the vet and nurse walking around and wagged her tail. beautiful little girl never forget her just wish i cud have found somewere for her:(

20. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Oh hun, what a heartbreaking situation for you to have been in. You did so well to make this poor little girl's last minutes calm and peaceful.

How can people be such heartless b-------s :cursing: There ought to be some kind of law to prosecute people like this. :mad:

RIP little one xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice