Nothing went right. Bella's ear was botehring her so I thought we'd go to the vet this morning. So we got into the car to go for a nice walka nd then drive onto to the vet. We did a half hour off lead walk, Bella perfectly behaved (and I take this for granted which I shouldnt). Jsut as I was about to get into the car, I saw Bella was lagging behind a little and before I knew it she was rolling. I know this meant poo or dead animal...it was dead animal, marvellous! SO instead of goingt o the vet I drove her home (my car still stinks) and bathed her. I noticed when I dried her that her left paw eas very swollen, and remembered I had seen a small wound underneath it on Saturday, so I was almost sure at this point that she had a grass seed stuck in her paw. Anyway, i dried her off and headed to the vet, now for 2 reasons; not just her ear. She has ear mites and a mild infection in her left ear. Her right ear had a sproblem a few weeks ago, whcihc cleared up, but we are now putting drops in both ears to prevent the right ear getting mites too. The paw was then examined and she undoubtedly has a grass seed stuck in it. (we have some evil ones here, they are like fish hooks which only go in on direction and they won't come out of where they can in from). But her paw is really swollen andthe vet cant know exactly where the grass seed i at this point, and doesnt want to anaesthetise her and cut her paw open to get it out, a) to avoid the AG, and b) because he is not sure how long the cut will have to be as he is not sure where the grass seed is, and this would not show up on a x-ray. So, she is on antibiotics and he expects that in a few days itw ill be more obvious where the grass seed so it can be removed in the least invasive way...BUT he is going abroad for a few days to attend some conferences...and even though his colleague will be at the surgery, I prefer him.... So i am torn between waiting and hoping the paw can last until next MOnday when our vet is back...or just asking him to do the GA and cut it open, find the seed and stitch her up. Of course if I decide to wait ot out like the vet suggested I will go to his colleague if I see that Bella can't wait until MOnday... What do you think I should do?