Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

horrible morning **sensitive**

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bellini, May 18, 2010.

1. Bellini

Bellini PetForums Member

Walking to work earlier and there was a dead cat on the side of the kerb.
    Absolutely awful. Didn't look like it died peacefully either.

I just burst into tears. Looks like someone's hit her and then moved her.

It was opposite the vet so I left a note in the door but the vet doesn't seem to be open today so I just rang the Council who are going to collect her.

Just feel so upset. She looked just like Millie and she's obviously someone's beloved pet.

Typically, today is the first day I've let Millie out in the garden unsupervised all day (the catflap's open so she can shelter in the conservatory if she wants to sleep).

Made me feel really queasy.

RIP poor little mite.

2. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

*hugs* bless poor little thing, bloomin awful any human being could just walk away and leave someones pet like that.

There are some inconsiderate people in this world!

Sorry to hear of your horrible morning hunni, hope you will be ok xx

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

That's awful, so sorry you had to see tha. Poor little mite.:frown:

4. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

So sorry you had to see such a horrible thing,but at least you've done the decent thing,it shows you care,if only more people were like you.

5. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

What a shame!! Also must have been horrid for whoever hit it. Personally i wouldnt have driven away though, how awful!!
    RIP little one.

6. hawksport

hawksport Banned

What would you do if you killed a cat with no tag at 3 in the morning

7. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

Not just leave it on the pavement for all to see!

8. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Take it home?

9. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

The worst thing for the owner is not knowing what has happened. Not everyone knows that councils remove the bodies when informed. Mine is good enough to store them in a freezer for seven days in case of enquiries. I don't know if this is the norm.

My house fronts a village road and there is a small housing estate behind me. I wake up to 4/5 dead cats a year visible from my bedroom window as I open the curtains. I used to go knocking on doors, desperate to find an owner before the council removed the body but I'm afraid I don't now as I was getting some pretty abusive reponses. I still can't help myself going out to check the animal is actually dead but past that I now leave well alone.

10. hawksport

hawksport Banned

A couple of months ago I hit one late at night, rushed it to the emergency vet but it died on the way. That had a tag on so we were able to take it home. Last year the car infront of us hit a cat, we both stopped and it was dead. None of us were local so didn't know anywhere we could take it, and it had no tag Apart from move it onto the side of the road there was nothing else we could do

11. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Oh poor little cat.
    I too would have been in tears. I can just imagine the owner wondering why he or she is not back for breakfast:cryin:
    I just cannot understand how anybody can leave a poor animal in the road.
    One ran in front of my husbands car very late at night and it ran off and he couldn't find it. He never slept worrying and at first light we both went back to the area.
    We did find it and yes the poor mite had died. He had no identification so we went to the local shops and popped a note in and then took him up to the RSPCA.
    If only all pets were chipped it would make it so easier to notify the owners.

R.I.P Little cat and i hope your owners find you and put you in a nice resting place. xx

12. Tig'N'Soot

Tig'N'Soot PetForums Member

I hope you have got over your ordeal.

I remember someone hit a cat outside my mum's house when I was a kid. They left it laying in the kerbside and some nasty youths who lived up the road thought it would be a good idea to put its poor little body back in the middle of the road to see if anyone would run over it again!

I personally have never hit a cat and hope I never do. But if I did, God forbid, I know I would do all I could to find the owners and let them know what had happened.

My friend recently had two of her four cats run over outside her house on a 30mph road. The first drove off and left the badly injured body in the road for my friend to find. She still can't get that image out of her mind now. And the second scooped the poor mite up and knocked on her door. My friend is so angry with the second driver for what she did but even more angry with the first who did nothing but just drive away.

RIP little one xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice