Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Horrible experience yesterday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leah84, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

Haven't been on here much the past couple of days due to having a friend over but since i've been told to take it easy I thought the best place to stop me from tearing my hair out would be here :D

was out for food yesterday and before my food came I started feeling ill and it escalated rapidly. I was shaking and my limbs felt like jelly, couldn't even lift my fork or walk well. I was dizzy and felt as though my brain was a few seconds behind my body then I started slurring my speach and my vision was blurred. My friend said I looked like a ghost and was swaying around, I was petrified :(.

The paramedic eventually arrived and just as he did I was sick everywhere :eek:. Started to feel a tiny bit better so he rushed me in for tests etc and apparently I had a fainting fit :eek: my poor daughter apparently burst into tears after they took me away, must have been horrific for a kid her age to see!! I got home around 8 last night and my oh got the duvet downstairs and went out to buy some pizza as I hadn't eaten and came home with flowers and choccies too :thumbup: his boss told him he had to take the day off too!!

Feeling a bit sore etc today but much better!

2. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

oh poor you. i hope you start to feel better soon hun xxx

3. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

Oh gosh that's awful ... and especially when you have no control over what's happening ... I hope your daughter will be okay ... you need to get some tests to find out why that happened (could have been a migraine but without the headache?)

4. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

They said they think the fluid/ signals from my brain were being blocked causing a fainting fit. God knows what caused it to happen but I hope I never have to go through it again! I'm gonna buy my daughter a present today, she was so brave and stayed so strong hugging me until she was out of my sight bless her

5. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

Aw, what a scary thing to happen!
    Glad you're feeling better now.
    xxx

6. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Thank goodnes your ok :( and hope your daughter gets over it soon, must of been horrible for her bless her, at least your home now and can spend some time as a family. Take care x

7. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

thanks, i think she was just relieved when i came home last night and was good as gold trying to make me comfortable :thumbup:

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

That is very scarey especially as your daughter was there watching too, bless her I bet she was wondering what was happening to mummy? I hope you are feeling alot better today. xxxxxx

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

blooming heck, that sounds awfull, So pleased your ok now though, and a big hug to your daughter for been so brave! and to the Hubby for thinking on his toes and bringing you flowers and chocolates!! :thumbup:

Get Well soon x

10. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

she seems a lot happier today so hopefully she`s put it behind her. oh is in the bad books already as he took the day off saying he wanted to look after me and hasn`t moved off his pc since he got up, i`m tempted to turn the power off upstairs lol

11. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Awww so thats what happened :( I hope you feel better! I was really worried when I saw on facebook you were going into hospital. Take care and take it easy!

12. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Glad ya ok :) are they gonna do tests to see if it were a minor stoke or to see if you have anything wrong ?

13. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

They checked my heart and thankfully it was nothing to do with that so they took blood and I'm waiting on the results. By the time I got to hospital most of it was over though so they said it was hard to tell. It took nhs direct an hour to get back to me then I agreed to try an make my own way to hospital but I stood up and got much worse so rang 999 and it took 50mins for the paramedic to arrive as they were overloaded and when he arrived I was being sick and seemed to get better after (probably the climax of it all) and we stayed there for a while before he agreed I was well enough to be moved. Hope it never happens again

14. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

If nothing comes up in the blood it could have been a panic attack. My hubby has had one like that before simular symptoms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice