UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Hope she isn’t stray

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Orla 
#1 ·
While my two have been under house arrest I’ve seen a couple of other cats in my back garden. One in particular I’ve seen sitting on my fence but a couple of times recently I’ve been round the back of the house after work to pick up parcels and this tortie has come shooting out from the side of the garage, where I have a storage box emergency shelter. She did it again tonight and when I felt the blanket in the shelter it was warm. I do hope she isn’t lost in this weather. Managed to put a few biscuits in a bowl and so she came back into the garden to eat them so I could get a photo to put on the local lost and found pages . Hate feeding anyone else’s animal but it was so dark there was no way I’d get her to come back in otherwise and it is so dark/cold that I don’t think any young (6-9 month?) cats should be out roaming and sheltering in strangers gardens (it wasn’t raining so wasn’t like she popped under a car to stay dry!). PF vibes that someone recognises her and she just lives locally please. :-(

#5 ·
Would it do any good contacting local vets. Maybe she's strayed too far from home and her worried owner has contacted local vets. That would be on my list of to do things if I thought my girl had got lost.

Reactions: Orla
#6 ·
Good idea @Cully, if she is still around before I go to work in the morning (6.30 am) then I will put food down and ring round the local vets when they open. Always wary of assuming one in stray, especially considering people feed my boy when he is allowed out, but equally it is cold and dark and the cat looks young, so don't want to ignore x

#7 ·
At this time of year I would assume she's lost her way and play safe giving her the comfort and food she needs. Maybe she's been locked out. Not nice, but possible unfortunately.
Fingers crossed she's got a nice home with worried owners.
Could you post on Facebook?

Reactions: Lurcherlad and Orla
#9 ·
Great, it's all looking good for her then even if she is in fact a stray. Poor mite.:(
I would like to know the outcome if poss. You're a star for being so concerned.

Reactions: Orla
#16 ·
Brilliant news. If only they could talk eh, what a tale she'd have to tell.
So pleased she's being reunited with her family. Thank goodness it was you she went to, she must have known you're a good 'un:Happy.

#18 ·
Honestly could not be more thrilled with how this turned out. Normally I'd ignore for a while and hope she was local and would take herself home. So thankful I went with my gut on this one and helped her out. It's so bitter out there today, it is heartbreaking to think she could have been sheltering in a box, alone and hungry. Just shows how important an up to date chip is! And how useful those DIY cat shelters are!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.