Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Honda, Volvo, what to get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kinjilabs, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

What do I get?

I have a Honda CRV which is great but heavy on petrol, so need to change to something more economical as in diesel.

Love the Honda but do like Volvo's, theres so many different models out there how do you choose?

Im torn, Honda CRV is great in mud etc and for dog transport, but Volvo's are more sporty, think Im having another mid life crisis:eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I have a diesel Volvo V50 that I really like...I like it as it's good for Kilo and I....hubby loves to clean it :rolleyes: after Kilo and I have used it.

No. Wait. Maybe it isn't nice things he is saying under his breath when he sees the state of it :eek:.

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

OH has a Volvo v50 too, I like it but think it maybe a bit too small for Woody:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You think your car is dirty? you wanna see mine:eek::eek:

4. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

We though the V50 was small ... I sat on the boot lip and couldn't even sit up straight... My OH has a Skoda Yeti and apart from the abuse he's had cos it's a Skoda he's really pleased. The boot fits GSD Rosie and sometimes her friends too so Woody would be fine... And all the reviews are good and fuel economy seems fine (ours is diesel) and we got a great spec for a good price. We've driven to the Alps 3 times too ... So I know it's comfy and reliable.

Naomi xx

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Skoda is good, been looking at them tonight:D

6. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I've got an R reg CRV, can't fault it really, it even outdid the OH's Landrover SE last year in the bad weather!

7. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Can definitely recommend the Yeti - the 4 wheel drive and snow tyres kicked ass last winter and it's lovely inside. Even full sized adults fit in the back too. It's not the best looking though - if it was red it'd be a large Postman Pat van - but I would recommend it for you and Woody.

My OH got it through Drive the Deal and it was a good saving too!

Naomi xx

8. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

I have a volvo v40 estate, its supposed to be yellow but is currently mud coloured :D have no idea what the fuel consumption is but i get about 100 miles to £20 petrol :huh:

9. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

we are going to be chopping in the Mini Cooper for a Audi A4 Estate , its getting a little cramped in the Mini now, But will be watching this thread with interest for other options :)

10. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

We have honda crv too like you feeling pinch with cost of petrol :( love it though got us through bad winter last year, great for lots of driving we do fit loads in it ,but we were thinking getting something better on petrol or another crv diesel :)

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

We are looking at CRV diesel as ours is a great car except for fuel.

Trouble is they seem to be holding their price a lot:eek:

Eg a 57 CRV is the same price as a 09 Volvo:eek:

Bet when I come to trade mine in they will say the price of CRV'S has droped:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Would like to sell mine private, weve had it since new and know theres absolutely nothing wrong with it:D

12. Scruffy Alfa

Scruffy Alfa PetForums Member

If there is nothing wrong with your current car and the only reason to sell is to save a few quid on fuel, do a few sums first and consider what you would lose on fuel against depreciation on a newer car.

If you really want to change, Hondas are overpriced imo, don't get me wrong, they are good cars. Our was reliable as hell for years but most marques are pretty good now. Volvo, Skoda and Toyota good value in relation to Honda.

13. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

We have jut brought a new car but ours is a rover 214 it's a p reg so pretty old BUT it's only got 22k on the clock!

Our old car is a Honda civic it's an very old car lol my oh would love a CVR, me I wanted a BMW X5 they are stunning cars but no clue on what it's like lol

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well, the man at the garage refuses to get in mine unless all the windows are open and he has his mask on!

I want a Volvo V70 estate, lots of headroom for Ferdie and Diva, especially Ferdie. He always has a bit of fur sticking up on the top of his head where it rubs against the ceiling of the car, and he always knocks the rear inside lamp shade off!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice